Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

2015 UWE Offers Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Puriten1
Trust me only go to UWE as a last resort guys.

Why do you say that?! Already firmed it
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Why do you say that? It's one of the top university's for my course and I love the area (live nearby Bristol so I much prefer it to places like London).
That's cool! Are you on the freshers facebook pages? There are a few other doing the same course! Hope exams are going well and good luck! Maddie
Original post by leayvenne
I will be doing Architecture and Planning this 2015 in UWE too!
Reply 43
Original post by withlove
Why do you say that? It's one of the top university's for my course and I love the area (live nearby Bristol so I much prefer it to places like London).

Yeh I agree with you- same reason I chose uwe- bit worried now tho
Reply 44
Original post by Rich0489
Why on earth would you say that? Especially so late in the application process when most students have firmed offers and are stuck with the option they've chosen. Kind of a dick move!

Not really a dick move im just putting my opinion across, having spent 3 years at UWE i know for a fact that myself and a lot of other students didn't think much of it as a university. I can only speak for my own degree (Criminology), where half my lecturers quit before the end. Says it all really.
Not really a dick move im just putting my opinion across, having spent 3 years at UWE i know for a fact that myself and a lot of other students didn't think much of it as a university. I can only speak for my own degree (Criminology), where half my lecturers quit before the end. Says it all really.

It's just luck of the draw I think. You can't blame the university for having lecturers quit before the end of the year. I've just finished my first year at UWE doing Digital Media and our lecturers were brilliant. Except for the one that is but he's more of a researcher type than a teaching type. No one knows how it'll turn out every year.

If it was that bad then surely you could have moved university? And you must have liked it initially otherwise you wouldn't have chosen the university in the first place.
Saying that the university as a whole is poor because of the faculty of a single department is rather brash. I'll be honest, I think your statement was made purely for the weight of its controversy and that IS a dick move.
Reply 48
Original post by leayvenne
I will be doing Architecture and Planning this 2015 in UWE too!

OMG me too!! there's suddenly so many more people now, I'm so excited
Reply 49
Anyone know when they'll allocate accommodation? Cheers. :smile:

Marketing Communications by the way, anyone else? Or Marketing?
Bit late after you commented but I had to ask - what's your insurance? I've firmed UWE for biomedicine and insured Nottingham Trent for biomedicine😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leilaa05
i've applied to middlesex, nottingham on trent university, university of plymouth and university of ulster! and yes, UWE is my first choice :smile:!

Original post by lowrhifrancis
Bit late after you commented but I had to ask - what's your insurance? I've firmed UWE for biomedicine and insured Nottingham Trent for biomedicine😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

This question was meant for you haha!:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sgic31

That's cool, me too! I have also been speaking to a few more people that I have found on the freshers facebook page!
Original post by sgic31

I'm taking Architecture and Planning too! I;m so happy i get to meet with quite a few people here that takes the same major ahaha Are you going this September?
Reply 54
Original post by theawkwardsqirl
I'm taking Architecture and Planning too! I;m so happy i get to meet with quite a few people here that takes the same major ahaha Are you going this September?

Yeah I am hopefully if I meet my conditions hehe :smile: have you accepted your offer for accommodation yet?
Original post by sgic31
Yeah I am hopefully if I meet my conditions hehe :smile: have you accepted your offer for accommodation yet?

Yeah i accepted the offer for accomodation (: going to be in Cotswold court
Me too i still got a conditional offer for this haha

Hi Puriten1

I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at UWE on your criminology course but i feel that it is a little narrow-minded and disrespectful to label it a last resort on this forum. More importantly as a UWE grad myself (Biomedical Sciences) i think UWE was fantastic. I loved my course, my sports, the lecturers (mostly) and the options open to me. Furthermore 2 good friends of mine graduated this month from UWE in criminology and psychology (your department) and they didn't have a bad word to say about it.
With all these young people on here about to embark on the most exciting 3/4 years of their lives i hope that we can be a little more supportive of their choices.
As a final thought - i am currently completing my postgraduate Masters at Bath University which i enrolled on from my successes at UWE. In my opinion - in relation to my department at least - UWE was far superior.
Even the small things - UWE have a considerably better/bigger library with more facilities at student affordable prices.
I wish all you A level students luck at UWE, you will have a fantastic time.
Reply 57
Bit late to the group but I have an unconditonal offer in for Midwifery! Can't wait to start.
anyone doing aerospace engineering in sept?
Reply 59
Hey everyone, if you are stuck on what freshers events to go to, second year students have recommended the icebreaker and superfresh events to me! I'm not too sure whether the uni is going to offer some type of wristband, so I decided to buy these instead. The links are here if you want to find out a bit more. https://next.fatsoma.com/the-big-freshers-icebreaker/6vmej29h/the-big-freshers-icebreaker-bristol/?r=95486d2f-0a08-48cf-8de1-78ae2041c200

https://next.fatsoma.com/superfresh/bu6xaz1k/superfresh-bristol-superhero-fancy-dress-freshers-party/?r=95486d2f-0a08-48cf-8de1-78ae2041c200

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending