The Student Room Group

Procrastination- HELP!!!!

Hi

So Im a really bad procrastinator. Everyday when I come home from school I procrastinate ( internet surfing) for like 1.5 hours before i actually start revising.

How can I prevent this?!
I stay at college in the library or go to my local library and I was really surprised how much I got done. I went home today to revise today and instead am answering this so am a procrastinator too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MissMia1998
I stay at college in the library or go to my local library and I was really surprised how much I got done. I went home today to revise today and instead am answering this so am a procrastinator too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

thing is I would prefer to revise at home rather than school/libary
But it's not really about preference if you want to pass well, I much prefer to revise at home but I just get half the work done in almost double the time it's pointless and a waste for me really. I can spend 2 hour in the library and get almost a full section of revision done or attempt it at home were in will take me 4 sometimes longer depending how distracted I get, but this is just me. I also normal have a friend with me when I go to the library who I very academic minded so she puts me on track if I try to go on my phone or if I talk too much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey,

What I try and do is block sites I usually go on which waste time, so I'll block youtube, twitter, etc- you can download add-ons for google chrome and firefox which do this. Alternatively you could turn off your computer! Turning my phone off helps. If you have goals to get something completed that helps, it helps you get in the mind set of completing your work.
Reply 5
Original post by MissMia1998
But it's not really about preference if you want to pass well, I much prefer to revise at home but I just get half the work done in almost double the time it's pointless and a waste for me really. I can spend 2 hour in the library and get almost a full section of revision done or attempt it at home were in will take me 4 sometimes longer depending how distracted I get, but this is just me. I also normal have a friend with me when I go to the library who I very academic minded so she puts me on track if I try to go on my phone or if I talk too much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha maybe i'll try it then

I always find myself going downstairs and talking to my parents though or going to get a drink or something like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol 'really bad procrastinator' '1.5 hours'

you should feel proud for having a solid work ethic!
Reply 8
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
lol 'really bad procrastinator' '1.5 hours'

you should feel proud for having a solid work ethic!

ahaha I just want to do the best I possibly can.:smile:

I don't want to look back with regret
I look back at my GCSE's with regret i think I could have done so much better if I revised more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
stay in a work environment. Move out of your room, and don't forget periodic breaks
There's nothing wrong with relaxing before studying. There is only so much you can do! Who wants to go home only to throw themselves straight into books?

You can always relax for 1.5 hours then study [which is what you are currently doing]. I think the only issue is when you don't do what you are meant to do or fall behind. Life is about work and play not just one or the other.

I turn of the wifi on my laptop.
So every time I go to open the internet it says 'can't connect to internet' and then i remind myself I should not be messing about etc.
Reply 12
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful advice!!:smile:
Original post by Commando1
ahaha I just want to do the best I possibly can.:smile:

I don't want to look back with regret

well I tend to batter myself with feelings of inferiority or worthlessness if I don't reach certain goals, especially if I fail to live up to where I am in comparison to others, but I wouldn't advise that, everyone I know says this is a recipe for depression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending