The Student Room Group

Exam certificate issue

Hi, I've applied for a degree in Psychology with Foundation year. I'm waiting to hear if I get an offer, but in the mean time I know that if I am successful they'll want to see proof of my results, the problem being I no longer have the certificate or statement of results.

The thing is, I was going to go to Uni in 2012 but personal circumstances dictated that I couldn't. When I applied, I was able to get a statement from my former college (I won't be able to get another because they told me at the time that they wouldn't hold the results there after that year).

Is there any chance that the Uni will have a record of this? Really don't want to have to pay to get copies if I can help it...

Thanks!
Reply 1
You will have to prove that you have the qualifications stated on your application and the uni won't be able to get this for themselves.

It's worth paying the exam board(s) fees for replacement certificates anyway. A future employer will expect to see them as well, so you'll have more than one reason to get them.
Reply 2
No, I'm hoping the uni themselves might still have a record of my exam results.

I've worked for the civil service, HQ of major organisations etc and no one has ever asked to see my exam results. So I'm really keen to avoid wasting money where possible...
Reply 3
Did you get as far as enrolling at uni in 2012? That's the point at which you would present your certificates. If you've never shown the uni your certificates, then they won't be able to help.

Even if you did show them your certs back then, I wouldn't hold out much hope. I went back to my undergrad uni to do a PhD. When I started, they still expected me to present my undergrad degree certificate - when they'd awarded it to me in the first place!

The only way you'll find out for sure, is to contact the uni and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending