The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Latin Literature Set-texts 2015 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by priprichicken
I left most of my latin stuff in my locker...
Sorry ^^"
I'll write out my analysis on all the sections for you this weekend :3

Ok thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
I left most of my latin stuff in my locker...
Sorry ^^"
I'll write out my analysis on all the sections for you this weekend :3

Still want to swap analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Just saw this thread.... I am doing latin gcse ocr and was wondering if anyone had any practice exam papers they wouldn't mind sharing? :smile: Also if anyone has any advice on how to answer the 8 markers on verse paper, that would be much appreciated because I suck at them! Thanks!
Reply 43
Original post by Lola1244
Hi! Just saw this thread.... I am doing latin gcse ocr and was wondering if anyone had any practice exam papers they wouldn't mind sharing? :smile: Also if anyone has any advice on how to answer the 8 markers on verse paper, that would be much appreciated because I suck at them! Thanks!

I don't think there are any past papers for the literature as the set texts change every year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I didn't know that- that's annoying. Thanks anyway!
Hi! Also, just wondering... I have looked online and looked at translations- they are slightly different to the ones my school has given me, like some verbs are translated in different tenses and some phrases read differently... does the exam board accommodate for these differences or is there a specific translation you have to learn? Thanks
Reply 46
Original post by Lola1244
Hi! Also, just wondering... I have looked online and looked at translations- they are slightly different to the ones my school has given me, like some verbs are translated in different tenses and some phrases read differently... does the exam board accommodate for these differences or is there a specific translation you have to learn? Thanks

I think everybody's is slightly different as Latin is a language often open to interpretation, so I think as long as the meaning is the same you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Nisus and Euraylus is relatively long but packed with imagery , we get questions every week on the sections covered. However , the easier one with Livy I have no analysis
Reply 48
Original post by StressedByDay
The Nisus and Euraylus is relatively long but packed with imagery , we get questions every week on the sections covered. However , the easier one with Livy I have no analysis

Thanks! Do you have any other analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spurs9393

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the texts I mentioned?
Reply 50
Original post by StressedByDay

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the texts I mentioned?

Yeah, Nisus & Euryalus, and Cicero/Livy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya! My set texts are Cicero's Verres speech, Virgil's Storm at Sea (+ the ship in troubled waters poem), Horace's Satires with the kitchen going up in flames, and Livy's Mucius Scaevola story - I've created memrise courses for all of these texts, in case anyone wants them: they don't have the analysis (had no idea how to copy it neatly out of my book) but they do have the translation.
Actually got to learning (revising/re-learning) Virgil (Nisus et Euryalus)

Did not realise how much harder than it actually is compared to livy and cicero (although points are relatively easy cause theres's lot in Virgil).
Reply 53
Original post by Xphoenix
Actually got to learning (revising/re-learning) Virgil (Nisus et Euryalus)

Did not realise how much harder than it actually is compared to livy and cicero (although points are relatively easy cause theres's lot in Virgil).

Yeah I much prefer Cicero and Livy. I just find it more interesting as well. Virgil definitely the hardest but at least it's my last exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the papers from last year are out yet (not for Nisus et Euryalus) for the prose (Livy and Cicero) since that was a set text last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xphoenix
Does anyone know if the papers from last year are out yet (not for Nisus et Euryalus) for the prose (Livy and Cicero) since that was a set text last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try checking on the OCR website:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gcse-latin-j281-j081-from-2012/
Still want to swap analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm SO sorry
I've just been really preoccupied with revision
I promise I'll send my analysis ASAP sometime tonight
Reply 57
Yeah I'm SO sorry
I've just been really preoccupied with revision
I promise I'll send my analysis ASAP sometime tonight

Ok thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't release last year's paper cause they normally use them for mocks, so only teachers have access to them, however if someone has been emailed, or been sent one, then they can share it.
Does anyone have any language analysis on 'The bravery of Mucius Scaevola and Cloelia' and 'Verrrs and Cleomenes'. And how the hell are you supposed to do those 8 mark essay questions? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending