The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately that doesn't make me feel better about that devastating loss to Monaco or the fact the chavs or the spuds will win a trophy tomorrow:cry:
is quite interesting..

But I wish it had options.. that let you pick what trophies were included..

So you could take out the community shield, or take out the lower leagues etc, and see how that changes things
Would like to see a changed squad for tomorrow, Ospina, Mert, Gibbs, Welbeck and Ozil dropped tbh

Szs

Bellerin Gab Kosc Monreal

Coq Ox

Walcott Cazorla Sanchez

Giroud

Subs: Ospina Chambers Mert Rosicky Ozil Welbeck Chubba/Hayden maybe?

Gives the potential to bring on more cretive players like Ozil and Rosicky, or fast players like Welbeck, or defenders like Chambers or Mert if we're struggling, simple
Have I missed something in regards to Gibbs? :lolwut: everyone seems to be slating him these days.

arsenal topping a trophy table, what is this? :O

in all honesty i really wouldn't count community shield.
i suppose it's only there so united are just that bit higher...

3 years for us though :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
arsenal topping a trophy table, what is this? :O

in all honesty i really wouldn't count community shield.
i suppose it's only there so united are just that bit higher...

3 years for us though :frown:

Even without the CS there's still the FA cup so maybe we would have been third? aha :smile:

Huge game for you lots tomorrow...it's on so early :dry: I usually have my lie ins then :tongue:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Even without the CS there's still the FA cup so maybe we would have been third? aha :smile:

Huge game for you lots tomorrow...it's on so early :dry: I usually have my lie ins then :tongue:

Almost said you'd be 2nd but then remembered those pesky Championship winning sides :tongue:

very huge game, not confident in the slightest; even though we're at home, any points would be lovely.
i'm working on my dissertation right now - need to get a first draft done by monday so i might just work through the night.
if i don't go to bed, i can't oversleep and miss the game :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
i'm working on my dissertation right now - need to get a first draft done by monday so i might just work through the night.

If you have time to sleep this close to a dissertation deadline you're doing something wrong! :tongue:

Finally submitting it and getting it bound is the best feeling ever though. Better than seeing your team win the league.
Original post by Lúcio
Almost said you'd be 2nd but then remembered those pesky Championship winning sides :tongue:

very huge game, not confident in the slightest; even though we're at home, any points would be lovely.

Tell me about it. I was gonna say I'm pumped up for this Everton match cos we're at home and then I remember where we played our last match :cry2: not an ounce of confidence anymore.

Everton might be underwhelming thus far but every team always seems to up their game massively against us. It's like their lives depended on it or something :erm:

Dissertation is optional for me :cool: anyways hope you do well with it :smile:

Original post by sr90
Better than seeing your team win the league.

Nothing beats that. Nothing :moon:
Original post by sr90
If you have time to sleep this close to a dissertation deadline you're doing something wrong! :tongue:

Finally submitting it and getting it bound is the best feeling ever though. Better than seeing your team win the league.

haha true; i have plenty of pepsi max and pro-plus so i'm sure i'll be fine :tongue:

and yeah, problem is my best friend is having a birthday night the weekend before it's due :frown:
and my other friend is having another birthday night in sheffield a few weeks after, so that should be interesting.
that's right, i have at least 2 friends :cool:

i don't think i'd go quite that far.
you're a united fan and you've seen in recently :tongue:
can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter :smile:
Tell me about it. I was gonna say I'm pumped up for this Everton match cos we're at home and then I remember where we played our last match :cry2: not an ounce of confidence anymore.

Everton might be underwhelming thus far but every team always seems to up their game massively against us. It's like their lives depended on it or something :erm:

Dissertation is optional for me :cool: anyways hope you do well with it :smile:

look at it this way; would you rather be at home to everton or city? -_-
everton may have gone through easily in europe (against awful opponents) but they're utter garbage in the league.
you'll thrash them (although i kinda hope you dont...)

you're telling me!
pretty sure they up their game against us a little bit more than against you:tongue:
bloody jagielka....
Do Arsenal really have the funds to compete for titles? To me it seems like there is this 'elite tier' of teams that are just a notch above financially.
Reply 2913
Original post by sr90

I don't think Luke has experienced that feeling..

Yeah, I went there :wink:
Original post by sr90
Better than seeing your team win the league.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation.

Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?
Original post by TornadoGR4
I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation.

Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?

Champions league without a doubt. Anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't watched their team win the CL.
Original post by Stefano93
Wish we signed Suarez

Bitey boy needed a fresh start away from the PL :yy:

Original post by e aí rapaz
Spurs were always irrelevant and only an idiot would've said otherwise.

'idiot' meaning the media then in this instance.

Original post by leinad2012
x

Perfect line-up to me, although I would consider sticking Akpom in for Giroud.

Have I missed something in regards to Gibbs? :lolwut: everyone seems to be slating him these days.

He was awful against Monaco, and people on here are unable to look more than 1 game into the past before they make decisions.

Original post by Lúcio

can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter

You might be experiencing that right now if not for Slippy G or the 3-3.

Do Arsenal really have the funds to compete for titles? To me it seems like there is this 'elite tier' of teams that are just a notch above financially.

They have the funds and the players, just not the medical team or the mentality.
I was actually thinking about this earlier. How, in football, Man Utd fans, Arsenal fans, City, Chelsea know a joy I've never experienced in football: Winning the League. But also you'll never know a pain I've experienced in football: Relegation. Whilst it's arguably fair to say Relegation is the worst pain in football (aside from complete liquidation), what would people say is the greatest joy in football? Premier League or Champions League?

Champions League by far.

We're pretty much untouchable in terms of turnover but Arsenal are only slightly behind Chelsea/City, and Arsenal have a much bigger fanbase, stadium and global appeal than those two. I think they need to get rid of Wenger before there is any real change though. All he can do is what Sir Alex should have done - clear out the dross and leave a proper squad for his successor.

Original post by Lúcio
i don't think i'd go quite that far.
you're a united fan and you've seen in recently :tongue:
can't describe how it would feel as a liverpool supporter :smile:

It's a damn good feeling though. When it happens you'll know what I mean :smile:

(Referring to the dissertation hand in, but I suppose you can apply it to the Premier League too)

Original post by jam277
Champions league without a doubt. Anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't watched their team win the CL.

This. Moyeseh being sacked is a close second.

I was hiding behind the sofa in 2008. ****ing hate penalties.

I don't think he's been awful, but he has been distinctly average imo, Monreal has actually been a rock this year.

It's sort of like me saying I'd start Costa over Remy, I don't dislike Remy, he's just not as good as Costa and that's how I feel with Gibbs and Monreal (although I have been a bit of a Monreal fanboy since I watched the Basiktas game at the Emirates and was in awe at his stunning ability to mark a player making a run whilst jockey another player on the ball at the same time:tongue:)

Latest