The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

University of Cumbria hopefulls.

Scroll to see replies

It was my firm offer however I've declined it and decided to work instead.

Not worth it for me.
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
So glad i have my moving in time for carrock hall block 3.. mine was in the spam folder of my emails. Im doing adult nursing x
Anybody Brampton Road campus or UNest Halls?

Or anybody moving to Carlisle in September. Would be good to know a few people!
www.facebook.com/mccaff22
Original post by Cherry97
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what offer did you get? I applied on Monday. :smile:

Law i turned it down it was a mistake.
Reply 184
Hey got an Unconditional for zoology with placement a few weeks back.

Chloe x
Reply 185
Anybody moving into Unest accommodation in February? It's proving quite difficult to find flat mates
Reply 186
Original post by cuppacoffee
I've been accepted this week for Diagnostic radiography. I'm genuinely scared though about uni life though because i don't drink because i'm religious and yea :\ I'm just scared i'm gonna get hate for it. I've heard really bad experiences of uni from others because they are religious. I'm excited to start the course and make new friends though. But I feel like people will make this a barrier. Is anyone else worried about this?

Don't worry - you'll be fine. I actually live in Carlisle and was born here (just round the corner from the Uni actually) and have applied to do Children's Nursing. I go to a local Elim Church - what is your religion?
Original post by AmyH81
Don't worry - you'll be fine. I actually live in Carlisle and was born here (just round the corner from the Uni actually) and have applied to do Children's Nursing. I go to a local Elim Church - what is your religion?

hi, I just got a conditional for Cumbria for diagnostic radiography. really considering it however the fusehil campus seems so small. when i went for the interview it seemed deserted, is there a lot of students at that campus. im from a HUGE city so im not entierly sure if could manage a move from 500,000 people to 10,000 that well.:/ also is there a lot of societys cause im pretty active. also i legit searched the town and couldnt find a mcdonalds. seriesly beggining to stress now.
Reply 188
Original post by Piaadam
hi, I just got a conditional for Cumbria for diagnostic radiography. really considering it however the fusehil campus seems so small. when i went for the interview it seemed deserted, is there a lot of students at that campus. im from a HUGE city so im not entierly sure if could manage a move from 500,000 people to 10,000 that well.:/ also is there a lot of societys cause im pretty active. also i legit searched the town and couldnt find a mcdonalds. seriesly beggining to stress now.

When did you go for the interview? It's not a massive campus but it's not tiny either but that can be a good thing as you will have more tutor help. Am not sure how many students or societies as I have applied for this year and as a Mature student with a 20 month old it's not really something I am bothered about - you could probs find that out on the website. Carlisle itself (am assuming that's which campus you have an offer for) has about 100,000 population - loads of bars (including Wetherspoons, Lloyds and Walkabout), restaurants and a few clubs. There is definitely a McDonalds lol - there's one in the town centre and a drive thru one outside the city centre - also KFC, Subway, Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Muffin Break as well as other cafe's and stuff. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by AmyH81
When did you go for the interview? It's not a massive campus but it's not tiny either but that can be a good thing as you will have more tutor help. Am not sure how many students or societies as I have applied for this year and as a Mature student with a 20 month old it's not really something I am bothered about - you could probs find that out on the website. Carlisle itself (am assuming that's which campus you have an offer for) has about 100,000 population - loads of bars (including Wetherspoons, Lloyds and Walkabout), restaurants and a few clubs. There is definitely a McDonalds lol - there's one in the town centre and a drive thru one outside the city centre - also KFC, Subway, Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Muffin Break as well as other cafe's and stuff. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

I went this Wednesday. I'm from Glasgow. Oh thank god. no joke, the deciding factor on which universities I applied for was the availability of fast food places, particularly Macdonalds. 100,000 is good and honestly, I don't drink and such but I do like dance and sports. so even outwith the university I still want to keep up with dance and competition.
Reply 190
Original post by Piaadam
I went this Wednesday. I'm from Glasgow. Oh thank god. no joke, the deciding factor on which universities I applied for was the availability of fast food places, particularly Macdonalds. 100,000 is good and honestly, I don't drink and such but I do like dance and sports. so even outwith the university I still want to keep up with dance and competition.

Ahh brilliant - it's not far to Glasgow either - about 2 hours on the train. Not sure about Dance at the Uni but I would think there would be something as there's a campus in Carlisle that offers performing arts etc (I know of a local Dance company as well). There'll deffo be lots of Sports - which one's do you do? Oh yeah loads of fast food places - there's a lovely chippy in the middle of town as well (ran by my Mum's Cousin and her Husband lol). I have applied to do Child Nursing - I have only applied here as I live round the corner, am a Mature Student, Married and have a 20 month old. Will you be staying in halls?
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone on the General Primary PGCE course starting in September 2016 based at Fusehill Campus, Carlisle. I have a place and wanted to meet people from the course. Thanks :smile:
Reply 192
I've been accepted this week for Diagnostic radiography. I'm genuinely scared though about uni life though because i don't drink because i'm religious and yea :\ I'm just scared i'm gonna get hate for it. I've heard really bad experiences of uni from others because they are religious. I'm excited to start the course and make new friends though. But I feel like people will make this a barrier. Is anyone else worried about this?

Hi! I am having an interview at Carlisle Campus on Tuesday. Would you be able to help me and say what was the interview like, please? I didn't have any interview yet and I'm really scared! I would be very thankful:wink:
Reply 193

Hi could you please tell what the interview looked like? I am attending an interview next week, please help! :smile:
Original post by Kinia93
Hi could you please tell what the interview looked like? I am attending an interview next week, please help! :smile:

Hi, the interview isn't bad at all. We had to right a small essay on a piece of reading that was provided before the interview. You can take a copy in with you to the interview with annotated notes on it.

Secondly, we had to teach a small lesson to the interview group. This, for me, had to be the worst part. But as long as you prepare, then you will be fine.

Finally, the actual interview with one of the lecturers. I can't remember his name, but he was really nice. He asked me questions about the classroom, experience I had and why I wanted to be a teacher.

I hope this helps, but most of all Good Luck!!!
Reply 195
Original post by Kinia93

Which course is your interview for? X
Reply 196
Original post by manx_sarah
Hi, the interview isn't bad at all. We had to right a small essay on a piece of reading that was provided before the interview. You can take a copy in with you to the interview with annotated notes on it.

Secondly, we had to teach a small lesson to the interview group. This, for me, had to be the worst part. But as long as you prepare, then you will be fine.

Finally, the actual interview with one of the lecturers. I can't remember his name, but he was really nice. He asked me questions about the classroom, experience I had and why I wanted to be a teacher.

I hope this helps, but most of all Good Luck!!!

Thank you! That was very helpful! :smile:
Reply 197
Hey guys.

I'm actually retaking second year, yeah I know, I had a really bad time with anxiety and things.
I'm always down to help people, especially if you're new into Carlisle and the Uni it's self. I was going to do welcome helper this year, but I'm not, but you'll see me wandering around town or at fusehill.

So like, if you get lost, or got questions in person, like legit come up and ask me, I'm totally down for that.
If you have any questions, that you want answering, just send me a msg on here, or shoot me a pm to my facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SadieeRuby).
anyone starting psychology at fusehill in September or already taken it there ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending