The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
how can u like marylin manson. He should be shot on sight.

adding Marylin Manson to 'shoot list'
>>
>>
>>
>>
**shoot bot:marylin manson already on shoot list**
Reply 21
SasunD
how can u like marylin manson. He should be shot on sight.

adding Marylin Manson to 'shoot list'
>>
>>
>>
>>
**shoot bot:marylin manson already on shoot list**

Agreed.
Reply 22
Fair enough, you dont like certain bands or music, but until the day you can produce something to a higher standard than what they are pproducing right now, i dont think you have the rights to say that their music 'isnt good'.
Linkin park make fairly catchy pop-metal tracks, and thats what they are, simply pop-metal.
They are o.k., better than the list of **** pop-pop bands that we all know and hate, but not something i would listen to alot.
Reply 24
ilshim
Fair enough, you dont like certain bands or music, but until the day you can produce something to a higher standard than what they are pproducing right now, i dont think you have the rights to say that their music 'isnt good'.

I, a music lover, have the right to pass-off whatever I like as not good. You are only disregarding my opinion because it degrades Linkin Park (a band you probably think of as cool).
Reply 25
you guys kill me. linkin park is a very good band. i play guitar as well and yes their music is simple. however just because music isn't hard to play doesn't means it's not any good. have you guys ever heard of Nirvana or Green Day? two outstanding bands that mainly used simple chord progressions. to say that music sucks because it's easy to play......well it's just your ignorance surfacing. you listen and play music bcause you like the way it sounds not because of the way it's played. btw if you want an extremely good example of guitar playing skill at it's best get some music by joe satriani. his rendition of "the flight of the bumble bee" still, to this day, astounds me. and as far as trying to "prove" that a band is good or bad is nonsence. IT'S AN OPINION. so forget it we're all right when it comes to our opinions. :smile:
Reply 26
I love linkin parker!! i really like their song numb
you talk shit you know that,the lad is asking a simple questi0on,and you have geographical essays on the genre's of music,you need to chill out!!!
Reply 28
U NEED TO GET A LIFE!! giddy up!
Reply 29
Linkin Park are one of the best bands out there. Those who call them pop-metal just don't get that they are not bound by genres, they just create the type of music they want.

I have all three albums so I know first-hand how good they are. Before you judge them try listening to 'My December' (or even the remix) or 'Faint'.
ZJuwelH
Linkin Park are one of the best bands out there. Those who call them pop-metal just don't get that they are not bound by genres, they just create the type of music they want.

I have all three albums so I know first-hand how good they are. Before you judge them try listening to 'My December' (or even the remix) or 'Faint'.

They are the very definition of the Pop-Metal genre.
Their music is as commercial as anything else currently in the charts
I have the first album though, and have heard both of the tracks you named, and my opinion is still the same.
Reply 31
ilshim

the song i made now with a lynx shower gel, plastic cup and a piece of paper is just as good as linkin park.
Reply 32
byb3
the song i made now with a lynx shower gel, plastic cup and a piece of paper is just as good as linkin park.

Really!? Will you release it for Christmas??!! I wanna buy that!!!

(!)
Reply 33
Linkin Park are cool
Reply 34
lol "geographical essay"!!!!

i'm not tryin to pick fights lol. i was just stating that differ people have differ opinions. you should respect others'. and don't worry i'm chill. :smile:
Reply 35
linkin park is my all time favorite band and if anyone has any pics of them send them to [email protected] i appreciate it. I love linkin park because their music sounds awsome,they tell about real life stuff and their music is real.

linkin park rox!!!
Reply 36
linkinpark1603
linkin park is my all time favorite band and if anyone has any pics of them send them to [email protected] i appreciate it. I love linkin park because their music sounds awsome,they tell about real life stuff and their music is real.

linkin park rox!!!

w0rd
linkinpark1603

linkin park rox!!!

So this thread has died and been ressurected twice. Well done, people, what a great job of checking the dates on posts and making sure they're still relevant.

Linkin park are OK.
I liked In the End, Papercut and these 2 other ones and bought whatever album they were on but that was like 2 years ago and have since forgotten about them.
Reply 39
linkin park is ok i think.
i agree that simple music can be very good sometimes, for example Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger
and pop isnt always bad
i'm surprised/shocked there're no black/death metal fans on this forum!?

Latest

Trending

Trending