4. Manchester
5. Sheffield
= 5. Queen Mary
I was joking Elle, don't worry.
Lewisy-boy
I was joking Elle, don't worry.

lol ok, im feeling particularly blonde today :redface:
allymcb2
They are common, inarticulate, unintelligent and less than interesting. Plus they dress badly and have a very unsophisticated palate. I should know, I did live in Sheffield for over 18 years.

18 years? And feeling the way you do? You must feel terribly "hard done to" - that's a life sententce! I'd like to say I empathise, but strangely I don't - I'm happy for you, but even happoer for the people of Sheffield.
Reply 46
Why are people ranking Sheffield alongside QM? Sheffieds law school is as good as Birminghams (if not better), and significantly better than QM, IMO.
Lots of people on here rate QM extremely highly, tbh I hold the same view as you but I was trying to avoid this as I always get loads of ppl coming on here like "OMGOMG QM has higher league rankings, look it has 5* research!!111one" or whatever. But I guess since you posted that, it's going to kick off now! For the billionth time: research means jack to undergrads, QM will still put you on a very good footing, the difference is not so big as to make any real difference... as is the case with most of the respectable schools.
Fireman John
I'd like to say I empathise, but strangely I don't - I'm happy for you, but even happier for the people of Sheffield.

Hopefully he will stay away from Sheffield from now on!! We are far too happy, chilled out and friendly for such a cold hearted guy as the troll lol!!!
Reply 49
ellewoods
Hopefully he will stay away from Sheffield from now on!! We are far too happy, chilled out and friendly for such a cold hearted guy as the troll lol!!!

SHE will unfortunately be coming back to sheffield for the christmas Hols.
allymcb2
SHE will unfortunately be coming back to sheffield for the christmas Hols.

Then one can hardly complain if she finds the experience an unpleasant one, can she! Still, in true Sheffield-er spirit (and in the sprirt of the season), I do hope you actually have a very happy stay and only hope you'll make the effort - all too ften people resort to their pre-conceptions and blinkered opinions. If you're not prepared to make the effort - stay in Oxford - don't subject yourself to the torture.
Get her address and let hte house burn down. LOL.
Reply 52
Fireman John
Then one can hardly complain if she finds the experience an unpleasant one, can she! Still, in true Sheffield-er spirit (and in the sprirt of the season), I do hope you actually have a very happy stay and only hope you'll make the effort - all too ften people resort to their pre-conceptions and blinkered opinions. If you're not prepared to make the effort - stay in Oxford - don't subject yourself to the torture.

I have no choice. Oxford doesn't let students stay up during the holidays, I can't afford to rent somewhere else, and my parents live in sheffield. I have 18 years of experience, it has nothing to do with 'preconceptions' damnit, I was born and grew up there.
So you yourself are a Northerner... and you would attack your own race? Disgraceful.
allymcb2
I have no choice. Oxford doesn't let students stay up during the holidays, I can't afford to rent somewhere else, and my parents live in sheffield. I have 18 years of experience, it has nothing to do with 'preconceptions' damnit, I was born and grew up there.

Surely one of your wonderful, amazing, articulate, friendly, well-dressed Southern friends would, in the spirit of Christmas, allow you to stay with them over the festive period??? It's only fair, goodwill to all (wo)men and all that, rather than subject you to the absolute horror of returning up north... :rolleyes:

I personally, alongside Fireman John, would like to extend the hand of friendship, love and joy, and welcome you back to Sheffield with open arms. Let us smash your 18 years of negative experiences by showing you how great we are. I will let you carry my Prada bag, ride my pony and I will ensure that all conversations are grammatically correct and containing interesting words of more than 3 syllables.

Merry Christmas sweetheart. You are such a treasure. :smile:
Prada... pffft. Peasant.
allymcb2

Cue the HUGE sigh... What circles are you moving in when you are in Sheffield?? Have you ever thought that it may be YOU? That perhaps you're "shunned" because of you attitude and PRECONCEPTIONS - yes, PRECONCEPTIONS... just because you have 18 yrs of experience of Sheffield doesn't mean you've experienced it all - you've made a judgement on what you have experienced. Maybe your Sheffield experience is limited to mixing with the "hoodies" that hang about around the Manor Park Centre...?

I have to say that given your bleating, you must be an incredibly difficult person to be around and it comes as no surprise that you're seriously short of friends up here. People of Sheffield aren't known for their tolerance of prima-donnas - the prevailing attitude up here is one of honesty (not suggesting that people elsewhere are dishonest, I hasten to add); of being blunt and to the point. Are you sure you're not currently running with a group of shallow, fickle, tow faced firends who have a little "giggle" about you behind your back.. the kind of friends that give you a little pat on the back - not out of tactile friendship but rather with the sole intention of finding somewhere to drive in the knife?!

Come back to Sheffield - all will be forgiven...
Reply 57
ellewoods
Surely one of your wonderful, amazing, articulate, friendly, well-dressed Southern friends would, in the spirit of Christmas, allow you to stay with them over the festive period??? It's only fair, goodwill to all (wo)men and all that, rather than subject you to the absolute horror of returning up north... :rolleyes:

I personally, alongside Fireman John, would like to extend the hand of friendship, love and joy, and welcome you back to Sheffield with open arms. Let us smash your 18 years of negative experiences by showing you how great we are. I will let you carry my Prada bag, ride my pony and I will ensure that all conversations are grammatically correct and containing interesting words of more than 3 syllables.

Merry Christmas sweetheart. You are such a treasure. :smile:

Southerners aren't friendly. Thats the main reason I like them, and I don't like ponies, or people who would step on grass when they had the option not to. The problem isn't that I am shunned in Sheffield, but rather that I am forced to have conversations with randomers who can't string a coherant sentence together, while listening to some drunk play the harmonica and looking out of the window at the horror that is Hyde Park on the way into town. Plus if you want to go in any of the off-the-beaten track shops or go to any bars or clubs you have to walk through emo village where you can't tell which are boys and which are girls.
Ho hum... I give up... Anyway, what am I doing trying to be the voice of reason - what do I know??? I'm just a scummy fireman who needs no qualifications whatsoever for his job - who doesnt just walk on grass - I crawl through mud and ash, dirty hypodermics and even human excrement. And what's worse - I'm also a student of that "thickos" institute in town...

What's even worse than that - I wouldn't know a prada bag from a tesco carrier back - and if I ever do learn the difference then I personally give permission for the whole of the world to take a baseball bat to me!

Oh... but that blot on the landscape - most people opt for the Parkhill flats as opposed to the Hyde Park flats as "the blot"... the devil is in the detail - which also perhaps gives away the depth of your true knwledge!
Reply 59
Fireman John
Ho hum... I give up... Anyway, what am I doing trying to be the voice of reason - what do I know??? I'm just a scummy fireman who needs no qualifications whatsoever for his job - who doesnt just walk on grass - I crawl through mud and ash, dirty hypodermics and even human excrement. And what's worse - I'm also a student of that "thickos" institute in town...

What's even worse than that - I wouldn't know a prada bag from a tesco carrier back - and if I ever do learn the difference then I personally give permission for the whole of the world to take a baseball bat to me!

Oh... but that blot on the landscape - most people opt for the Parkhill flats as opposed to the Hyde Park flats as "the blot"... the devil is in the detail - which also perhaps gives away the depth of your true knwledge!

I don't recall saying students lived there, just that I had to look at it.

Latest

Trending

Trending