The Student Room Group

Need Economics HL Help.

So I'm currently in my second year of the IB, and I have had different teachers for Eco and well it's chaotic to be honest. Anyway we have to do these commentaries obviously.

I have done quite a few but I still have no idea what exactly the IB wants. I never got a criteria, an example or even a guide.

I am asking any HL Economics students to help me out in some way please!

If anyone has an example commentary or even a very simple guide that would be very helpful. Our current teacher is lazy and I gave him my last commentary a month ago and he still hasn't even read it.

I searched the internet for an example of a HL commentary but have come up empty. Any suggestions? Thanks :smile:
PM rp :p:
Reply 2
I cant believe that you are in ur second year, but still havnt done a lot of commentary. I just started IB this year, eco HL, and we are at our 2nd commentary already. If this is any help:

But the basic requirments are:
- 650-750 words
- every commentary has be dawn from different sources, and have different main focus section
- and as far as i remember, the source has to be within 6 month of the start of ur IB course

Quoting the syllabus:
Record keeping
on each commentary candidates must record:
- the title of the extract
- the source of the extract
- the date of the extract
- the word count of the commentary
- the date the commentary was written
- the section of the syllabus to which the commentary relates
Reply 3
I think i have this structure guide thing in my folder somewhere. I can scan it and give it to you somehow. Just tell me how you want me to giv it to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending