The Student Room Group

Year 12 - Work Experience

Hi,

I am currently in year 12, studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. We have to start looking for work experience for the Summer Holidays in order to help boost our CV's. Has anyone got any ideas at companies I can email or call in order to find some work experience?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by rvnandha
Hi,

I am currently in year 12, studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. We have to start looking for work experience for the Summer Holidays in order to help boost our CV's. Has anyone got any ideas at companies I can email or call in order to find some work experience?

Thanks!

Hey!
Try looking on the JP Morgan careers page (Bournemouth branch) they have loads of work experience opportunities for year 12 students. I've done work experience there and it's really good so I'd recommend it! :biggrin:
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Vish_06
Hey!
Try looking on the JP Morgan careers page (Bournemouth branch) they have loads of work experience opportunities for year 12 students. I've done work experience there and it's really good so I'd recommend it! :biggrin:
Good luck :smile:

Hey, on your work experience placement did you get to see JP Morgan himself?
Reply 3
Original post by AQA_LAD
Hey, on your work experience placement did you get to see JP Morgan himself?

are you stupid
Reply 4
Original post by rvnandha
Hi,

Thanks!

1. Nepotism - It shouldn't be the case but it is. Ask you friends and family if they have any connections at financial firms. See if you can use a contact to get even 1-2 days at a finance firm. Big brand name is preferable but everything helps. Even a small accounting and finance firm can be useful. Also apply for A-level insight days if you see them come up.

2. Cold call - Find a local finance firm that will offer you some numerical experience. Or spend sometime learning about markets, trading your own stock portfolio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending