The Student Room Group

chemistry work experience

i am in year 12 and looking into lab work experience i could get, but unsure where to start looking. are there any websites where i can search and apply easily, or do i have to contact each company individually? what is everyone else doing?
Reply 1
Honestly, unis do not care that you don't have work experience for chemistry. Ask your school to see if you could help out with the technicians
Original post by gannananas
i am in year 12 and looking into lab work experience i could get, but unsure where to start looking. are there any websites where i can search and apply easily, or do i have to contact each company individually? what is everyone else doing?
Hiya,

I'm a third-year chemistry student at Lancaster University. I managed to get into a research company for my year 12 work-experience. I made contact with them through my school's careers advisor. If you haven't already, get in contact with your careers advisor and see if they can help you. Contacting individual companies on your own is also a good way to demonstrate your enthusiasm and interest. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a website to contact companies for work-experience.

If you can't get work experience, unis also appreciate showing wider interest in the subject. You could do this by doing wider readings about the subjects your interested in or an EPQ.

-Beth (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending