The Student Room Group

Two men stabbed for not being muslim.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2015/02/17/stabbing-religion-southfield/23548375/

"A man asked two people whether they were Muslims before stabbing them at a Southfield bus stop on Saturday, the victims told police.

He was carrying two knives and some marijuana, and he told police he was a Muslim,according to Southfield Police Department.

"The victims in this case said that the suspect asked them if they were Muslim," Hawkins said. "They responded that they were not, and then there was some back-and-forth between the victims and the suspect.""

Scroll to see replies

Typical
He isn't a proper Muslim
Yep this dude is definitely NOT CRAZY.

He is just a radical muslim.

:rolleyes:
How unfortunate.
Don't you know every Muslim criminal is a mastermind villain with a degree in terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
surely cannabis is "haram" in the Islamic faith ?
Obviously a deluded individual. Carrying cannabis which is forbidden and then killing someone for not being muslim when they clearly went against the relgion is so ironic.
His name is Terrence Lavaron Thomas. How do we know that he isn't lying about his claim of being Muslim? It could be that he hates Muslims or he is being paid to do what he did to make Muslims look bad. He could be doing this just to cause more outrage within the non-Muslim population and increase Islamophobia which some people gain satisfaction from.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by soanonymous
Typical
What's that supposed to mean?
Original post by jjm456
What's that supposed to mean?

It's all we've been hearing about lately. Kinda fed up of it.
Reply 12
I assume you're referring to attacks by Muslims. Agreed it's upsetting, but to say it's typical only serves to further Islamophobia. The media response has put these attacks completely out of perspective to further their anti-Muslim agenda. For example, we've heard very little about the Chapel Hill attacks, where 3 Muslims were killed in a clear hate crime, whilst the Copenhagen attacks, where 2 Jews were killed, has received non-stop coverage. I'm not justifying either, or trying to induce crime competition, but there has been a complete lack of balance, especially when you consider that the Copenhagen killer was known to the police and mentally ill, whilst the Chapel Hill shooter had no criminal record at all - his crime was purely xenophobic whilst the other was probably just the acts of a deranged individual justifying his acts with religion. So to say violence is typical of Muslims, is just wrong. Islam is a religion of peace. In fact, less than 2% of classified terrorist attacks in the EU and USA in the last 5 years have been by Muslims. Doesn't that blow your mind? I mean, we just do not hear about the other 98%. The media are completely biased - Fox News' (admittedly slightly extreme) commentator Brian Kilmeade said 'not all Muslims are terrorist, but all terrorists are Muslims'. The truth? Far from it.
I like how they added weed into the mix along with the muslim description. Handy way to demonise both
Thankfully the victims survived.

Original post by Raymat
His name is Terrence Lavaron Thomas. How do we know that he isn't lying about his claim of being Muslim? It could be that he hates Muslims or he is being paid to do what he did to make Muslims look bad. He could be doing this just to cause more outrage within the non-Muslim population and increase Islamophobia which some people gain satisfaction from.

That's so tenuous it's embarrassing. It looks like a case of an insane drugged-up man committing a crime. He apparently was motivated by his hatred for non-Muslims, but at this stage we don't know if the root cause of this is radical Islam or mental instability.

But I think one thing we can rule out is that this is part of a sinister plot to smear Islam. I don't think Islam needs any help in that regard.
Original post by jjm456
I assume you're referring to attacks by Muslims. Agreed it's upsetting, but to say it's typical only serves to further Islamophobia. The media response has put these attacks completely out of perspective to further their anti-Muslim agenda. For example, we've heard very little about the Chapel Hill attacks, where 3 Muslims were killed in a clear hate crime, whilst the Copenhagen attacks, where 2 Jews were killed, has received non-stop coverage. I'm not justifying either, or trying to induce crime competition, but there has been a complete lack of balance, especially when you consider that the Copenhagen killer was known to the police and mentally ill, whilst the Chapel Hill shooter had no criminal record at all - his crime was purely xenophobic whilst the other was probably just the acts of a deranged individual justifying his acts with religion. So to say violence is typical of Muslims, is just wrong. Islam is a religion of peace. In fact, less than 2% of classified terrorist attacks in the EU and USA in the last 5 years have been by Muslims. Doesn't that blow your mind? I mean, we just do not hear about the other 98%. The media are completely biased - Fox News' (admittedly slightly extreme) commentator Brian Kilmeade said 'not all Muslims are terrorist, but all terrorists are Muslims'. The truth? Far from it.

This.
Original post by jjm456
For example, we've heard very little about the Chapel Hill attacks, where 3 Muslims were killed in a clear hate crime, whilst the Copenhagen attacks, where 2 Jews were killed, has received non-stop coverage.

Could you have given a worse example?

Chapel Hill has been on every single major news channel and website in the western world. To say it has received very little coverage is a down right lie. I can find you at least 50 news stories from the media. In fact you could say it has been non stop. So what makes this murder more important than the other 14,000 in America every year? Is it because they are Muslim and that makes them special?
The jews paid him to stab them.
Well he certainly went to the right country.
Original post by Zander01
I like how they added weed into the mix along with the muslim description. Handy way to demonise both

Not so sure I thinks it's a way to move him away from his faith so it doesn't seem responsible

Just like the last attacks where they made sure everyone knew of his past life before he found allah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending