The Student Room Group

Hull Uni- Child nursing 2015

Anybody got or been to selection days for hull nursing. I have one next month, can't find any information on the day, if there are tests etc. can anybody help?
Hi,

I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse. I don't study at Hull, and didn't do a selection day there, but I may be able to give some insight into what you can expect.

Tests. there will be:
- An English/literacy test. This may comprise of comprehension or critiquing a health news article. You may just be required to do a short piece of descriptive writing
- A maths/numeracy test. This will comprise of addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages, ratios, fractions etc and possibly a very simple drugs calculations test. Sample papers can be found on Brighton & Birmingham City Universities' websites. Hull may provide their own sample, have a look. Print off the samples and practice. To be honest, many students fail the maths test, but the questions are not meant to be hard, and there is no reason to fail. With practice they should be easily passable.

All universities run these tests, as part of national standards.

As for the interview itself there will be a group and/or an individual interview with a panel of lecturers (and possibly service users).

A group interview may involve a task such as "Discuss the top 3 qualities of a nurse". Generally a few lecturers will be sat around the outskirts of the room, watching people's interaction with others, communication skills, behaviours and ideas.

The individual interviews will vary quite a bit but a series of exemplar questions can be found with a quick Google search. Getting a friend or relative to practice these with you will be of great benefit.

Sometimes the tests will come first, and then only those that pass the tests will go through to the interview stage.

Really hope that helps, although it's not specific to Hull. If I can be of anymore help, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck!!
Joel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending