The Student Room Group

Not sure what career to go into ...

i am considering optometry however im still not sure. i take 4 A levels ; psychology,biology, maths and english.
i want to go into a science career but i don't know what courses acept just biology.
help does anyone know any degrees that fit in with my current a levels
Original post by masumabb
i am considering optometry however im still not sure. i take 4 A levels ; psychology,biology, maths and english.
i want to go into a science career but i don't know what courses acept just biology.

Maths and English and v good :smile: & biology is good :smile: check the degree requirements :smile:
We on TSR and any others you ask can only offer so much help mate.

It is first and foremost; a personal decision. What is it you want to do, as in what excites you or interests you, what about optometry appeals to you and is there any things in particular you want to experience or be a part of both in the near future and later on? After you come up with some answers of basic things like that which are very important to you on a personal level you can then look into industries and career types, in your case healthcare I suppose?

Btw often times maths is considered as a science substitute and also there are many foundation courses for the other science/engineering type degrees as it's quite in demand stuff.
Original post by masumabb

What's combining Mathematics and English in A level like?
Reply 4
Original post by Placeboo123
What's combining Mathematics and English in A level like?

My friend did it and he did not do well at English and I think his maths suffered a tad. It's a lot of work from the sounds of it.
Original post by TVIO
My friend did it and he did not do well at English and I think his maths suffered a tad. It's a lot of work from the sounds of it.

I think it's really hard when you choose a literature/english course like idk business or psychology where you have to write a lot and a mathematical subject like physics, maths etc.
You have to have both the skills and it's hard to work on both of them at the same time.
Definitely advise to only choose one type of subject like Maths, F Maths, Physics, Chemistry or English, Business, Psychology, Sociology sort of group them like so.

Quick Reply

Latest