The Student Room Group

Would you kill a mouse?

This poll is closed

Would you kill a mouse?

Yes I would! 42%
No, I couldn't...58%
Total votes: 33
If there was a mouse in your house would you end its life?

Scroll to see replies

Only if it was trying to assault me or steal my TV.
I don't think I could :sad: I'd probably try and catch it and set it free somewhere in a field or something :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way! I remember my dad used to have mouse traps in his house and we'd hide them so he couldn't set them

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I always catch them live and then take them to a park and release them. They're too cute :frown:

Tbh I can't even kill most insects though...
Reply 5
No, but then again I wouldn't need too.

The amount of mouse parts I have to remove from my patio every other morning, all because one of my cats like to hunt... I should keep all the parts and create some kind of patchwork mouse monster.
Reply 6
Seems unnecessary unless you have no other way of catching it. After all, they most likely aren't aware they're invading, or even have a concept of 'inside' - bit mean.
Reply 7
Original post by channies
No way! I remember my dad used to have mouse traps in his house and we'd hide them so he couldn't set them

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you're a cat....

No I couldn't kill a mouse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have had a mouse in the house (couldnt help it) before I just put it in a box and threw it out. I have a cat as well so.
Yes, we have mouse traps set almost constantly in our loft as that seems the main area of the creatures interest. You have to remember they are pests who deposit their waste anywhere and everywhere, chew up anything they see fit and are just a pain.
Original post by Aph
But you're a cat....

No I couldn't kill a mouse

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a vegan cat #BreakingBoundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
No question's asked I would kill it, not because I would like to but to eliminate the threat!
I could never kill a little mouse :nah:
Reply 13
Original post by unknown2015
No question's asked I would kill it, not because I would like to but to eliminate the threat!

The threat?

Are you an elephant?
I have trapped mice before. I'd have no problem doing it again if they were in my house.

The problems with live trapping and releasing them - sometimes they'll come back, sometimes it'll just pass the problem on to someone else, and it can cause stress because some are territorial from what I understand. Better to use snap traps.
Original post by A5ko
The threat?

Are you an elephant?

By time it can became a threat, if you leave it.

As in response to your question, if i was an elephant than I would'nt be able to get my fingure's around the keyboard so no.
Reply 16
Original post by unknown2015
By time it can became a threat, if you leave it.

As in response to your question, if i was an elephant than I would'nt be able to get my fingure's around the keyboard so no.

How does it become a threat? Does it start opening your post and using your identity?

Seeing as how you misspelt 'wouldn't' and 'fingers', I'd say you've just given the game away! You're an elephant using a paintbrush to type with!
Reply 17
I couldn't. I once had the opportunity, though. We'd found a mouse holding on to the curtains and my brother and my Dad started tapping knives near it etc. It soon dropped to the floor and slowly hobbled away. I thought at the time that I should probably kill it, but the sight of a tiny, terrified mouse slowly hobbling away was just too much for me.

My brother saw a mouse on the kitchen table a few months ago which he quickly pulled a kitchen knife on and stabbed and presented as a trophy, so I guess its different for everyone.
Reply 18
I wouldn't want to kill it.
.... lol

to be honest with you I have a friend and the mouse was left in his house until it become a rat than it ate his earphone's whilst asleep (could have been my friends ear!). Also it brought a bride to the house without anyone's permission and little do you know there's another 2!

Main thing is, it carries viruses and a bite can mess a person up.

Quick Reply

Latest