The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't want to spark anything off here, but I had heard (after the open day :rolleyes:) that typically Kings had the larger proportion of gay students. But then again that's probably not true, and you're likely to find an even mix at all colleges.
tq8189
yo, where r the gay mans in cambridge chillin?:cool:

"Life"/Twenty-two on certain nights, various pubs, LBGT nights- there is a big scene here.
Traditionally, Peterhouse.
Nonsmoking
Traditionally, Peterhouse.

Or as it is seemingly named, PeterhouseI'mNotGay.

As in, "I'm at PeterhouseI'mNotGay"....
Yeah, King's and apparently Peterhouse.
Reply 6
Yeah where does the reputation of Peterhouse as being a gay college come from? I'm straight and I'm applying there, ruthless ripped by my mates for it (I am personally completely opposed to homophobia, but anyone with experience of 'backward' Northern Ireland will understand that general culture). Is it solely because there are more girls than boys? I also heard it had a reputation for being the 'disabled' college. This info comes from a mate of mine at Cambridge, but I dont want to give any names...
Reply 7
healyisgod
Yeah where does the reputation of Peterhouse as being a gay college come from? I'm straight and I'm applying there, ruthless ripped by my mates for it (I am personally completely opposed to homophobia, but anyone with experience of 'backward' Northern Ireland will understand that general culture). Is it solely because there are more girls than boys? I also heard it had a reputation for being the 'disabled' college. This info comes from a mate of mine at Cambridge, but I dont want to give any names...

Wouldn't that be rather ironic; or are your friends literally 'backward'?
My friend at Christ's told me this morning that it's 'mostly gay people', so there you go.

Although the traditional view is that, as has been mentioned, Peterhouse is pinker than Barbie Fondant Fancies.
Reply 9
We only have more girls than boys for the first time this year, so I doubt the 'tradition' comes from there.
Ditting Suck
My friend at Christ's told me this morning that it's 'mostly gay people', so there you go.

Although the traditional view is that, as has been mentioned, Peterhouse is pinker than Barbie Fondant Fancies.[/QUOTE]

:hahaha: I so want to rep you for that! :biggrin:
Go on then :wink:
wanderer
We only have more girls than boys for the first time this year, so I doubt the 'tradition' comes from there.

Eh?
Reply 13
Ditting Suck
Eh?

healyisgod

Is it solely because there are more girls than boys?

I was answering that.
wanderer
I was answering that.

Peterhouse is seen, traditionally, as gay as it supposedly accepted a large number of male private boarding schooled applicants, who were apparently turned homosexual by the experience of this education.
Reply 16
FadeToBlackout
Peterhouse is seen, traditionally, as gay as it supposedly accepted a large number of male private boarding schooled applicants, who were apparently turned homosexual by the experience of this education.

I imagine it wasn't the only college to do so though - wasn't Magdalene like that?

*Gays, dutifully*
It should be noted however that not all applicants / students are of the said persuasion... :p:
Reply 18
CavemanCaveman
It should be noted however that not all applicants / students are of the said persuasion... :p:

You wanna bet? Just you wait. We have our methods.
And thus the thread "Is it too late for me to change colleges" was born...:eek: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending