The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Most of the Russell group except for Oxbridge, Imperial, KCL, LSE, UCL, Nottingham, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Bristol are on par for employability.

How are Warwick and Nottingham in the same league as those? They're good universities but come on.
Sorry, so I should listen to you instead of future employers? :rolleyes:

Of course moi :biggrin:
Original post by guntby
How are Warwick and Nottingham in the same league as those? They're good universities but come on.

Never said they were in the same 'league' I just said those were the most targeted and well regarded by employers. This is based on data not simply an observation, if you don't like it, then rip your boxers.
Original post by Okorange
Of course moi :biggrin:

K den :ahee:
Original post by frigg113
Damn someone got burnedd...

He wasn't responding to me. But if you have to resort to that tone to attempt to get a point across you're most likely wrong anyway.
Original post by frigg113
Youve seen the proof i gone to oxford & cambridge, but no need to be that upset amd cry so much.

Top 10 unis arent for everyone (oxbridge,imperial,lse,ucl,warwick,nottingham,bristol,kings,manchester)

dont be a snob-who gives a **** what the top 10 unis are.. or that you went to oxbridge, stop judging other people and worry about yourself..
This thread is just grim. Too much students with insecure egos who attach their self-esteem to the reputation of their university. Quit trying to see who can urinate highest up the wall.
Original post by Menakshelatte
This is my 3:
Queen Mary University of London
Sheffield
Glasgow

Just saying that on the THE world rankings, QMUL comes in 14th in the UK, and 19th in the UK for QS world rankings. Although it does really badly in national rankings.
Never said they were in the same 'league' I just said those were the most targeted and well regarded by employers. This is based on data not simply an observation, if you don't like it, then rip your boxers.

And yet you didn't mention Manchester - the most targeted university by grad employers for the last 2 decades (http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/2015/graduate_market/GMReport15.pdf P33 has the most recent data - Manchester has consistently been in the top 5 and rarely off the top spot for as long as this data has been collected)
Original post by hdindak
dont be a snob-who gives a **** what the top 10 unis are.. or that you went to oxbridge, stop judging other people and worry about yourself..

clearly you do give a crap considering youre on this thread

pwned
I know private school mates from my school (up there) and others that ended up at Oxford Brookes, Leeds Met/Beckett and Southampton Solent.

No excuses, surely!
Original post by ZolaCFC25
I know private school mates from my school (up there) and others that ended up at Oxford Brookes, Leeds Met/Beckett and Southampton Solent.

No excuses, surely!

They are decent unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
They are decent unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you go to a top private school, you shouldn't be getting BBB. People were getting AAB-ABB whilst doing absolute jack **** but night before stuff. Call them 'good at getting by' or 'naturally smart', but hmm.

No excuses, surely!

That's terrible. What a waste of money.
Original post by guntby

Well, there is other things like a better childhood and sport that can come from a private education.

I just think you messed up a little too much if you go to those unis. Ought to go to top 25.
Original post by guntby

Presumably they'd have attained less if their parents hadn't forked over the dosh for private - otoh perhaps their parents can pull a few strings get them gravytrained into a nice job anyway.
Well, there is other things like a better childhood and sport that can come from a private education.

I just think you messed up a little too much if you go to those unis. Ought to go to top 25.

Idk how private schools work in the UK but the one I went to overseas still had its fair share of idiots :tongue: Just because the parents are forking over the cash for the good education doesn't mean the kids are automatically any good at it
Original post by alexschmalex
Idk how private schools work in the UK but the one I went to overseas still had its fair share of idiots :tongue: Just because the parents are forking over the cash for the good education doesn't mean the kids are automatically any good at it

The better private schools aren't just gotten into by paying alone. You also have to pass tests against lots of others and be interviewed. I guess these tests can be a bit odd and judging kids at 11/13 may not be easy.

There are lots who don't do any work and still end up at a good RG uni. But then there are others can't, so they ought to work. Not sure how many work hard yet still can't get into a good uni.
Original post by yt7777
thats one example, my friend got DDD in BTEC Engineering and an A* in A level Maths but, but i bet you wouldnt say that A level Maths was easier?

BTEC is a great qualification if you actually know what you want to do and also it depends on the subject youre studying and comparing it to, i got D*D*D* in BTEC IT/Computing and i now study BSc Computer Science and im 90% sure that I could get A/A*'s in Computing, Electronics and ICT A levels

NO, yours is one example- that is so rare. At my old college (where I left because not enough people passed their a levels to get onto a2) almost everyone did a levels AND BTECS, and almost 95% of them got an E or below in A levels yet come out with Distinctions/Distinction *s in BTECS. It clearly is not a coincidence. As well as that the top top unis don't accept BTECS which just shows its JOKE. Get off your BTEC high horse, just coz you do it doesnt mean its just as hard as a level. Your one maths a level case is just 1 exception
The better private schools aren't just gotten into by paying alone. You also have to pass tests against lots of others and be interviewed. I guess these tests can be a bit odd and judging kids at 11/13 may not be easy.

There are lots who don't do any work and still end up at a good RG uni. But then there are others can't, so they ought to work. Not sure how many work hard yet still can't get into a good uni.

Yes but getting into most private schools is still overwhelmingly based on parental wealth. If a kid doesn't pass a test to get into one private school, their parents will just send him/her to another which doesn't require a test. You also have to factor things like private tuition and coaching before seriously deeming these kids 'clever'.

Latest

Trending

Trending