The Student Room Group

TOK Presentation

Hey, my TOK presentation is next week and my teacher said I had to be careful to stick to a "TOK debate" and not drift into a "real life debate"... What exactly do you think he means? (I am also going to ask him, obviously, but I want other answers so that I can be sure to understand full what he meant). How can I make sure my presentation is a TOK debate (I'm talking about abortion, if that helps...)
Reply 1
basically what it is meant by a tok debate is analysing the sides of argument to see if the can justified ethically using ToK theory. so make sure you present both sides of the argument in an equal manner.

A real-life debate is when you say something like:"abortion is wrong because such and such..." or " abortion " abortion is right because such and such"

be careful not judge the topic at any point in your presentation. you can get around that by saying "some group of people think that abortion is wrong because..." or "it is thought by some that abortion is wrong because..."

in the conclusion, unless you have solid analysis and super tok reasoning i suggest you conclude with something like theres no one ethical theory that supports this or that argument.
Reply 2
Thank you, I think I understand now. And it's nice because that's what I was planning to do anyways! (phew)
Reply 3
can u throw some light on this topic -
"Palmistry a science or a pseudoscience? i know it is a pseudoscience but i need some examples
I'm not sure palmistry ahve much to do with abortion.
Reply 5
no not at all

Latest

Trending

Trending