The Student Room Group

EE Topic -hypnosis

Hi, this is my first post here. i've been searching around looking at other peoples' topics and they seem pretty interesting. i sort of need help with my ee topic. i am planning to do my ee in biology- specifically on the topic of hypnosis. but im not sure if this fits under biology. i know it ties more to something like psychology, but then i can't do it. so does anyone have any suggestions on how i could link my topic to the subject of biology?

thank you
i look forward to seeing replies- Upper Canada College Toronto
what *about* hypnosis? please be more specific then we can judge if its psych or bio
Reply 2
Hypnosis, I would imagine it's more psychology than biology. Unless you specifically do the "Biological approach to Hypnosis" which is fine too I suppose.
Reply 3
well i don't know exactly what about hypnosis. but generally, how (if at all) a subject's brain is affected while under hypnosis (except it could also be mind-which would fit more with psychology). would tying hypnosis to brain activity/anatomy qualify in the subject of bio?

my biology teacher also said that i would have to do an experiment.. and i'm not sure if i am able to hypnotize someone.
Reply 4
Ah yes, I remember now. Physics, Biology and Chemistry EEs must be glorified lab reports so I think you won't have much success there.
That would suggest you have to approach the EE from the Psychological perspective (that doesn't mean you remove biology completely from it, but you can't say much).
yeah I think in the end it fits more with psych. for science based EE they want you to do experiments and the EE ends up just being a big lab report.
glorified is the word we prefer on TSR :p: also 2bh anything as intersting as what your trying to do would i imagine be too abstract for IB criteria but i spose you could try. there was something in the daily mail a how to of hypnosis last week.. you could try their site.

Latest

Trending

Trending