The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology SCLY1 and SCLY2 | 2015 May

Scroll to see replies

I feel like they're going to be so mean because of the spec change.

Lawrd have mercy
Original post by Romanoff
I feel like they're going to be so mean because of the spec change.

Lawrd have mercy

Just try to put in as much revision as you can, and usually it would be the wording that puts people off so when you get in the exam just try your best and answer what you can- just read the questions carefully and try to simplify it- the small mark questions are usually common sense.
If you can get at least 19 marks on both full markers that's like 38. Then 5/6 on the 6 marker, 4/4 and 2/2. TOTAL: 49 = A grade.

Does anyone think demographics will come up because then I'm screwed. It's too much D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Berninger1864
If you can get at least 19 marks on both full markers that's like 38. Then 5/6 on the 6 marker, 4/4 and 2/2. TOTAL: 49 = A grade.

Does anyone think demographics will come up because then I'm screwed. It's too much D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same D: there is so much to remember for demographics ffs

(they predicted childhood and social policies for 24marker :h:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it will as a 24 marker because it came up last year and people didn't do that well, so maybe examiners might be more aware of that now. Perhaps it might come up as a 2, 4 or 6 marker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Same D: there is so much to remember for demographics ffs

(they predicted childhood and social policies for 24marker :h:)
T

I know! They better do, but watch how something along the lines of demographics and/or paid work stuff comes up ergh!
Original post by yusraali
I don't think it will as a 24 marker because it came up last year and people didn't do that well, so maybe examiners might be more aware of that now. Perhaps it might come up as a 2, 4 or 6 marker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha if only they would ask us 'explain what is meant by demography' that would be golden.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually lower then that you know, an A grade is usually 40-43 which is amazing
Guys don't rely on predictions
Revise everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have model essays for education? And research methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by melizzaconway
I need tips with how to write successful essays for sociology, I'm doing families and households and education.

My teacher has always taught me to structure it like this so you don't forget the AO1 and AO2 marks.

P - Point
E - Elaboration (explain/expand on it)
E - Explicit (link it to the question)
E - Example
E - Evaluation (criticism etc)
E - Explicit (link back to the question)
Original post by spiritless98
Guys don't rely on predictions
Revise everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For all we know it might be demography again!
Guys what is the difference between examine and assess?
Original post by yusraali
You start by outlining some of the main policies such as divorce policies, so it had led to an increase in lone parent families. Laws for homosexuals such as civil partnership and the rights to adopt has increased the amount of gay marriages and created more stable relationships- creating more family diversity. For ao2 you can mention what policies support nuclear family such as Familistic gender regimes, or the family policies they had in Nazi Germany and the Russian revolution towards ww2. Just make sure you keep comparing and always link back to the question- what families does it support or undermine. for your conclusion just sort of wrap it all up and mention the key points and how policies have changed/ varies in different countries :-)

You have done a lot of revision haven't you?

How do we bring in the different perspectives into it? Like Femnism, Functionalism?

Also can you give me a list of social policies? I don't think I have enough?
Original post by xxvine
Guys what is the difference between examine and assess?

For Examine you will get more AO1 marks just for like saying the policies there are Ao2 marks aswell but majority are Ao1

Assess has more marks for analysis and evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
For Examine you will get more AO1 marks just for like saying the policies there are Ao2 marks aswell but majority are Ao1

Assess has more marks for analysis and evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Assess the view that the family has lost its functions' something like this I believe, hasn't come up for a while, nor has 'Assess the feminist contribution to the understanding of the family'. Thoughts?
Original post by 1TrueMeaning
'Assess the view that the family has lost its functions' something like this I believe, hasn't come up for a while, nor has 'Assess the feminist contribution to the understanding of the family'. Thoughts?

Ooh I did those essays recently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1TrueMeaning

:eek: When has this essay ever come up? Not prepared anything for that.
Original post by mogwai98
:eek: When has this essay ever come up? Not prepared anything for that.

I've done majority of essays from 2001

I suggest we make a kik group for sociology so we can take pictures of essays we do and help each other out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending