The Student Room Group

Living in London E1/E2/E3 - whats it actually like?

Seems quite appealing right now. Can be a bit rough with all the tower blocks, but OTH only a mile walk from the City and amazing international flavours and cultures right on the doorstep....
I love East London, the culture and things do to are never ending! Bow/Mile End :love:
Original post by Easternisation
Seems quite appealing right now. Can be a bit rough with all the tower blocks, but OTH only a mile walk from the City and amazing international flavours and cultures right on the doorstep....

I lived in E2 and now live in E1. Tower Hamlets is not a bad place to live with some interesting places to visit. I would say Isle of Dogs is the most beautiful place in Tower Hamlets and the other areas just behind and equally good as each other. Tower Hamlets was a very rough place in the previous 2 decades but all of that has declined in this current decade. I do recall in 2010 being confronted by some drunk hooligans in Bethnal Green and they threatened to attack and mug me but they let me go after. I heard North Bow (area around Roman Road) has some issues with theft by thugs but I never experienced anything like that there.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest