The Student Room Group

Wowzors I think I just turned a Biology SL lab into the EE...

So far the lab is 3809 words. It's about enzymatic reactions (catalase and hydrogen peroxide). What I've done so far is an introduction, planning A, data collections, and evaluating procedure/results. What I still have to do is data processing/presentation, drawing conclsusions, and improving the investigation. WTF. Stupid me...

oh well, I need one more lab with all 3's (they only use your two best labs, right?)
yepyep best two labs, 2bh i'm learnign that you really don't have to write that much to get a good mark in the lab reports its all about filling the tick boxes on the sheets. and yeah lab reports for the actaul EE should normally be linked to a more 'real' life problem..good practice though :p:
Reply 2
My biology teacher would've said: "quality over quantity" :wink:
I usually write as much as 1000 to 1200 words for an experiment write-up, which is way above the average of what my classmates write :biggrin:
what grades do ou get?
Reply 4
Well, they take the two best labs of each IB criteria. Yeah, that's insane how your teacher is assessing you on all the IB criteria in one lab o.O My physics and chemistry teacher assesses on a few criteria for each lab and that allows us to achieve perfect 3's even though we may mess up on some of them (only 2 of each IB criteria :wink: ). I write about 1000 words for each lab I do. I got a 7 for my labs in SL Chemistry last year. Hopefully I'll get the same for physics this year.
Reply 5
andy_cole2
what grades do ou get?

Me ? Usually 5s and 6s (out of 6), though I'm still doing the MYP (10th grade), so I guess not that much is expected :wink:
lol no i guess not out of 6...i'm confused i thought this was IB stuff>?
Reply 7
Well he's in the MYP (Middle Years Programme) and not yet in the IB Diploma Programme yet so they're probably being marked on other types of assessment right now. Gee, grade 10 ... that was paradise compared to now ...
Reply 8
Nevermind.
Reply 9
k guys, i finished my lab. it ended up being 6293 words. WOW. the teacher got it back to me and i got perfect Data collection, data processing and presentation, conclusion and evaluation, and manipulative skills. w00t!!!

Now I just need ONE more perfect conclusion and evaluation (my others were all 2's) and i'm set.

Latest

Trending

Trending