The Student Room Group

AS-Level stress/lack of motivation - help!?

I've always struggled coming up towards exam-time and get very anxious and stressed in the last half of the school year. Last year I got 1A, 7Bs, 1C at GCSE but this was such an under-achievement- for example I was predicted an 'easy' A* in Economics yet just about got a B, even having a panic attack leaving the exam hall that day. Just after my GCSEs I was diagnosed with Sciatica which has left me over-dosing on prescription drugs daily to get through the chronic pain, and a close friend of mine passed away- I (still) have no focus now. I fluked my AS mocks and got AAC (Applied Business/Economics/History) but I'm sitting on a BBD at the moment- I wanted to get AAB in my exams. I've done very little revision so far for May & June and I just can't deal with even attempting anything most days. I'm stuck - I want to achieve so much grade-wise yet I can't focus!!! I need to start revision ASAP (i'm off from the 2nd-13th for Easter) so can someone please give me tips on how to actually get up off my lazy ass and actually get motivated for exams- i want and need minimal stress this year :frown:
sorry for such a long Q and thank you!!
The coursework volume in Applied Business very easily makes one depressed. It was the worst decision I have ever made taking it- fortunately I'm on course (I hope) to get into Durham University. My point being, try to think of a high end goal and stick to it, regardless of your mental torment and pressure, which Business in particular tends to generate. It's the most ghastly subject ever invented. Far harder than the so called 'facilitating' A Level History.

Quick Reply

Latest