The Student Room Group

'Life is just one big game'

Agree or disagree?
Discuss.

"Oh yes! Life is infact a lot like Temple Run.

Running aimlessly and collecting coins to reach nowhere, and then using those coins just to run more efficiently. And believing that an invisible force (The swiping finger) controls our actions.

All this, without even looking at the monsters because of whom we're running this rat race in the first place!"
I feel like life is like a pug face, it hits you like a train
Yes, the survival of the fittest. When you die you are out of this game.

:rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Lionheart96
Agree or disagree?
Discuss.

"Oh yes! Life is infact a lot like Temple Run.

Running aimlessly and collecting coins to reach nowhere, and then using those coins just to run more efficiently. And believing that an invisible force (The swiping finger) controls our actions.

All this, without even looking at the monsters because of whom we're running this rat race in the first place!"

I've discovered over the long course of my life that people who make game analogies are very often complete tools. I challenge you to try and refute this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely agree. Life is a game played on the arena planet Earth, a global workhouse where gene-replicating robots kill, abuse and manipulate one another in the name of reproduction and survival. While playing this game, humans foolishly believe they're acting of their own freewill and are doomed by self-awareness and imagination to invent reasons for why their transient existence is somehow meaningful and indispensable to an utterly indifferent universe where everything is permitted. Hence religions, ideologies, political positions, love, morality, social causes, social norms and all other rubbish we don as masquerades for playing and winning in the Game.

Which of course everyone loses, as no matter what useless things we accumulate in trying to boost our egos we'll all end up dead and forgotten anyway, like none of it ever happened.
(edited 9 years ago)
No, in real life you can't murder prostitute and get away with it pls.
Life's a terrible game that gives you one life then destroys itself when you lose it.

Original post by Stefano93
No, in real life you can't murder prostitute and get away with it pls.

Amateur.
To an extent, Join a virtual world > crappy tutorial > the game actually isn't at all like the tutorial > ups and downs > last boss> whether you win or lose the ending's the same. Really crappy game.
(edited 9 years ago)
I had to put in so much effort to not go into the bleak philosophy of the meaning of life.
If only life was as simple as a game - and had objectivity like a game :frown:
Reply 9
no.

there is no point to life. life is whatever one makes of it.
Original post by RobML
I've discovered over the long course of my life that people who make game analogies are very often complete tools. I challenge you to try and refute this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are they tools exactly? You have to back up your statement
Bit late but you guys should read the book 'The Game' which is the first book in 'The Game is Life' series. Basically, people live their lives in a computer simulation of 'Earth' and when they die they return to the real world, which is called Tygon. They have to learn to 'play the game' - it's really quite interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest