The Student Room Group

I'm an entitled prick...

Ever since I was little I have always felt that I deserved to get the best things, opportunities, people...

i dont know why

i feel that it's really hurting me in my adult life

i want to change...

what at should I do?

work at subway? Date an obese girl? Drive a less expensive car?

Please hlep

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it's important to feel that you deserve the best in life - just not at the expense of other people.

What it sounds like you're after though is humility. If that's the case then I'd recommend acknowledging it as a virtue and attempting to be more humble in day-to-day life. It might help to read advice online on how to be more humble, and to read about and imitate behaviour from humble people, such as Jesus and Socrates.

Edit: Actually, the best thing might be to identify someone in your life who's more like how you'd like to be, and spend more time around them. The more familiar you are with that person, the more you would be able to think about how that kind of person might behave in a particular situation, and when you're in that situation yourself you can try to be more like that and less like your old self.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Adipoptosis
Ever since I was little I have always felt that I deserved to get the best things, opportunities, people...

i dont know why

i feel that it's really hurting me in my adult life

i want to change...

what at should I do?

work at subway? Date an obese girl? Drive a less expensive car?

Please hlep

Do you smell that....? Anyone else smell that? Smells like a tr

Spoiler

join Mumsnet for a week... you will see how tragic people's lives are in the "Real World"
It's really quite hard to believe you when you say you're a trainee surgeon in his mid-20s...and then you come out with several threads like this each week.

Not even the most immature 25 year old in the world is this immature.
Reply 5
spend time with others without your privaledges and see if you feel empathy/remorse/guilt..
and if not the idk i guess you're ****ed
Have you tried finding your testicles?
You're deluded :lol:
Thats not entitled its whats required to not be a waste of space in life. Why settle for less?

However the issue is when you expect it all to come for nothing. If you want these things but know you have to work hard for them then there is no issue.
Original post by miser
I think it's important to feel that you deserve the best in life - just not at the expense of other people.

What it sounds like you're after though is humility. If that's the case then I'd recommend acknowledging it as a virtue and attempting to be more humble in day-to-day life. It might help to read advice online on how to be more humble, and to read about and imitate behaviour from humble people, such as Jesus and Socrates.

Edit: Actually, the best thing might be to identify someone in your life who's more like how you'd like to be, and spend more time around them. The more familiar you are with that person, the more you would be able to think about how that kind of person might behave in a particular situation, and when you're in that situation yourself you can try to be more like that and less like your old self.

Thanks for your post. I think that you're right, but I do have some real good role models in my life. The people I hang around with have the same sort of ambitions as I do but they have somehow found a way to carry themselves so much better than me. I think you're right because spending more time with them might be a good idea. I think my parents have spoilt me too, that's not to say that they are at fault, they're great parents, it's just that it has probably contributed to my behaviour.
Original post by Democracy
It's really quite hard to believe you when you say you're a trainee surgeon in his mid-20s...and then you come out with several threads like this each week.

Not even the most immature 25 year old in the world is this immature.

Then don't believe me lol. It makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. I'm not on here giving medical advice.
Reply 11
Read some George Orwell, go on a tramping expedition.
I'm the same! In awful
You're just like 99% of the western world then. Congratulations on your conformity I suppose.
There's a big gap between deserving it and acquiring it, look at me for instance, I have acquired all that which I deserve, why you might ask? because I am simply awesome, and sexy. The problem is not that I am awesome and sexy but that people can't handle it therefore we need to become inferior so we fit in and so that they don't become as much jealous and think we're suffering from the disease of greed, they are suffering from the disease of jealousy because I can promise you, everyone wants that life, I mean my life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Infectious
There's a big gap between deserving it and acquiring it, look at me for instance, I have acquired all that which I deserve, why you might ask? because I am simply awesome, and sexy. The problem is not that I am awesome and sexy but that people can't handle it therefore we need to become inferior so we fit in and so that they don't become as much jealous and think we're suffering from the disease of greed, they are suffering from the disease of jealousy because I can promise you, everyone wants that life, I mean my life.

I found Elliot!!!!!!!
Original post by Yeah dude
I found Elliot!!!!!!!

No, you found reality, son.
Original post by Infectious
No, you found reality, son.

You really are infectious, I love you, uhhhhhh
Original post by Yeah dude
You really are infectious, I love you, uhhhhhh

..so it's not my wealth you are after, you just want to be cared for... kinda like my last 18 girlfriends.
Reply 19
The OP is just another boring attention seeker - just ignore him guys.

Quick Reply

Latest