The Student Room Group

What could happen next?

Hi guys, I'm adding as much information as possible as I'm hoping someone could explain this to me, I've done something stupid and regret it now.

In 2022 I started studying with the open university, criminology to be exact, I was part-time. A month later a parent passed away and I was completely withdrawn from university, life and society. My mum and dad are both dead.

I knew there was a withdrawal process but I didn't look into it as if I'm honest, it was the least of my worries at that moment in time. Now, I'm studying criminology at another university and attend full-time, it's local to where I live.

A few days ago, I received two letters through the post from SFE. One letter was a notification regarding my withdrawals from studying at the open university.

The second letter was an entitlement letter saying I'm entitled to £0.00 for tuition fee and it says "the total amount to be paid to you" £0.00. What would happen next? Do I need to pay this money back directly? It was around £4,000.00.
Original post by dumb01
Hi guys, I'm adding as much information as possible as I'm hoping someone could explain this to me, I've done something stupid and regret it now.

In 2022 I started studying with the open university, criminology to be exact, I was part-time. A month later a parent passed away and I was completely withdrawn from university, life and society. My mum and dad are both dead.

I knew there was a withdrawal process but I didn't look into it as if I'm honest, it was the least of my worries at that moment in time. Now, I'm studying criminology at another university and attend full-time, it's local to where I live.

A few days ago, I received two letters through the post from SFE. One letter was a notification regarding my withdrawals from studying at the open university.

The second letter was an entitlement letter saying I'm entitled to £0.00 for tuition fee and it says "the total amount to be paid to you" £0.00. What would happen next? Do I need to pay this money back directly? It was around £4,000.00.
Hi there,

What was the £4,000? Was this a maintenance loan that we paid to you or is this the fees? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

What was the £4,000? Was this a maintenance loan that we paid to you or is this the fees? Thanks, Jason
It was the fees which were paid directly to the university but the entitlement letter that came recently said £0.00 tuition fees.
Thanks. You only need to start paying this back once you're earning over the threshold. This will automatically come out of your wage per month. You can find more information on the repayment process here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/student-finance/loan-repayment Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending