The Student Room Group

Crazy mothers?

Seriously, some mums need to chill for a second. I was on the bus today when some Snorlax came charging past me like she saw the last box of Mr Kiplings French Fancies on a supermarket shelf, and following her was a baby buffalo, I would estimate around 2 years old. These two sat down at the back of the bus, at which point the Alpha female (mummy bear) snagged an unfortunate woman and decided that she needed to hear about her day.

So the little girl had been to the doctor's for an injection, when she found out they needed to do it in both arms. At this point, the little girl flipped out and tried to fight them off, but they injected her anyway. The mother thought that this was disgraceful, and was considering complaining to the hospital about undue stress and unprofessional conduct. I can sort of understand this, I once went to get some blood taken, but the nurse taking it was a trainee and was somehow so incompetent she couldn't find the vein (queue her rummaging around with a needle STILL INSIDE MY ARM trying to find something to poke). This wasn't enough, however, because the mother stated that the girl didn't need the injection anyway, since she was hardly going to go abroad (I assume it was an MMR or flu vaccination), so it was a waste of time.

Apparently the girl had been following her around all day being stroppy, and the mother had to take her everywhere she went. At this point, you've probably made your mind up, haven't you: the mother is just very overprotective of her cub, and was angry at the stress caused. I thought that too, until the girl started crying and saying she was hungry about a minute later, when the mother just turned and shouted "stop screaming or I'll ****ing slap you right now". The girl stopped, and Buffalo Bertha jubilantly cried "yeah, you didn't think I'd threaten you with that right in the middle of the bus, did you?" It became awkward, and I got off the bus at the next stop. Anyone know what this woman was thinking, because I doubt she was just overly motherly to her little girl.

Tl;dr - Was on bus when suddenly a wild Michelin man arrived. She was angry that her kid was mistreated by getting violently ganged up on by vaccination needles, then she proceeded to threaten her kid with physical violence for being hungry.
Reply 1
I'm planning a sequel. "Crazy mothers 2: electric boogaloo" - This time it's personal.
Original post by Arkasia
x

As Friedrich Nietzsche once said: 'Bitches be crazy'.
Reply 3
Original post by Birkenhead
As Friedrich Nietzsche once said: 'Bitches be crazy'.

I believe that was actually Soren Kierkegaard. Nietzsche said 'I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one'.
Reply 4
I hate it when I see mummies using their prams like a ferrari, and charge their way to the finishing line, disregarding everyone in their way.:sigh:
:lolwut:

(I seem to be using this expression quite often after reading threads on tsr...)
Reply 6
Original post by Maradiah
I hate it when I see mummies using their prams like a ferrari, and charge their way to the finishing line, disregarding everyone in their way.:sigh:

Yeah that often happens as well. They shove the pram in the middle of the aisle, then take 5 seconds trying to figure out why there is a queue of people forming behind them. Doesn't help that prams these days are built like Panzer tanks.
Original post by Arkasia
Seriously, some mums need to chill for a second. I was on the bus today when some Snorlax came charging past me like she saw the last box of Mr Kiplings French Fancies on a supermarket shelf, and following her was a baby buffalo, I would estimate around 2 years old. These two sat down at the back of the bus, at which point the Alpha female (mummy bear) snagged an unfortunate woman and decided that she needed to hear about her day.

This is why I rarely use public transport and when I do, it's always trains. I hate it when some heavy breathing monstrosity from Planet BMI Overload comes and sits next to you and tells you about all the new snacks coming out next year and how its a disaster that Snickers bars have gotten smaller yet they still charge the same price. This creature usually has it all marked in her Cadbury calendar and waits for snacks to drop like most people get excited about albums or movies.

On top of that half of them is hanging over you and you're trying to avoid her Ditto like belly morphing into some next level Pokemon and landing a critical hit on you before taking the rest of your seat. Plus they're dripping of sweat usually and they have folded up their pushchair and put it at the front of the bus before waddling to the back of it like a penguin from the Madagascar movie franchise. It's just not worth the hassle.
Reply 8
Original post by Europhile
This is why I rarely use public transport and when I do, it's always trains. I hate it when some heavy breathing monstrosity from Planet BMI Overload comes and sits next to you and tells you about all the new snacks coming out next year and how its a disaster that Snickers bars have gotten smaller yet they still charge the same price. This creature usually has it all marked in her Cadbury calendar and waits for snacks to drop like most people get excited about albums or movies.

On top of that half of them is hanging over you and you're trying to avoid her Ditto like belly morphing into some next level Pokemon and landing a critical hit on you before taking the rest of your seat. Plus they're dripping of sweat usually and they have folded up their pushchair and put it at the front of the bus before waddling to the back of it like a penguin from the Madagascar movie franchise. It's just not worth the hassle.

I totally get what you mean. Luckily I always have a bag with me, and I have spent the last 2 years finding the perfect position to sit + put my bag down to maximize space taken up. It's worse when these Ogres arrive in packs. One I can manage, because all I need to do is avoid breathing in a pungent mixture of grease, deodorant, and what smells like dead flesh. When a pack arrives, I cry a little on the inside, and shrink down in my seat so they don't notice me, just in case they were feeling a little peckish and decided they wanted some manflesh. "Looks like meats back on the menu girls". Last week I was sitting there when these two women were talking about all of the boyfriends they have dumped and one, no word of a lie, said out loud "yeah all men are ****ing useless pigs, I am done with them", and I swear I spent the next 15 minutes praying she wouldn't try to castrate me with a plastic spoon she had stashed in her monster handbag.
She was just mad at them because they caused her daughter to be annoying and stroppy all day which in turn annoyed her...she had had enough and so said what she did. It's not her being overly protective at all imo...just easily annoyed.
Reply 10
Original post by Biryani007
She was just mad at them because they caused her daughter to be annoying and stroppy all day which in turn annoyed her...she had had enough and so said what she did. It's not her being overly protective at all imo...just easily annoyed.

I've seen plenty of mums get annoyed at their kids in public, but I've never seen one threaten to slap their kid on a bus and then brag that the kid didn't expect them to say that in public.

That is not true.
Original post by Arkasia
I've seen plenty of mums get annoyed at their kids in public, but I've never seen one threaten to slap their kid on a bus and then brag that the kid didn't expect them to say that in public.

Yeh, she's a little too crazy. Some people have warped views on how a good parent should be. She probably thought other people would be in awe of her ability to control her child thats why she bragged about it...Idk I'm trying to figure out her thinking :confused:

Original post by Maradiah
That is not true.

What isn't? She clearly isn't overly motherly because she threatened her kid...
Reply 13
Yeh, she's a little too crazy. Some people have warped views on how a good parent should be. She probably thought other people would be in awe of her ability to control her child thats why she bragged about it...Idk I'm trying to figure out her thinking :confused:

What isn't? She clearly isn't overly motherly because she threatened her kid...

Makes a little sense I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest