The Student Room Group

How many people on here got accepted vs rejected for Nuffield?

Poll

Did you get accepted or rejected?

Just to see the overall competitiveness, Also if you could say which area you are going for the induction.

Scroll to see replies

Rejected London :frown:
Original post by coolgamer
Rejected London :frown:

Any reason why that may have been?
Reply 3
I got accepted for the East Anglia region, with 250 apps for 60 places
Rejected - (from life).
Original post by kawehi
I got accepted for the East Anglia region, with 250 apps for 60 places

How'd you find out the acceptance rate?
Reply 6
Rejected and Wessex. Sent off an email to ask for general advice to improve future competitiveness, but nothing received back as of yet :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Angelo12231
How'd you find out the acceptance rate?

I called the coordinator with some questions, and that was one of them!
Original post by kawehi
I called the coordinator with some questions, and that was one of them!

Mind sharing your other questions? :tongue:
Original post by Ozark
Rejected and Wessex. Sent off an email to ask for general advice to improve future competitiveness, but nothing received back as of yet :smile:

I believe they do have a tendency to not reply at all, my brother got rejected last year and he told me they wouldn't give advice even if contacted.

Is there any part of the application that you think hindered you possibly?
Reply 10
I believe they do have a tendency to not reply at all, my brother got rejected last year and he told me they wouldn't give advice even if contacted.

Is there any part of the application that you think hindered you possibly?

Yeah, they have often said they're very busy so I am not expecting a reply, but would appreciate one if it came!

Not really.. Maybe because I had a Headstart place? Don't think it was grade or statement-related...
Reply 11
Mind sharing your other questions? :tongue:

Haha I was just curious about how the projects were allocated, but I'm pretty sure that it's specific to the institution. Are you looking to apply next year?
Original post by kawehi
Haha I was just curious about how the projects were allocated, but I'm pretty sure that it's specific to the institution. Are you looking to apply next year?

I got accepted but like, I don't know what I'm doing...
Reply 13
I got accepted but like, I don't know what I'm doing...

Haha why? Are you confused about the research stuff, or what's expected of you? I made a thread on Nuffield apps a while back, it has loads of info from past participants
Reply 14
Original post by Ozark
Yeah, they have often said they're very busy so I am not expecting a reply, but would appreciate one if it came!

Not really.. Maybe because I had a Headstart place? Don't think it was grade or statement-related...

What subject did you apply for?
Original post by kawehi
Haha why? Are you confused about the research stuff, or what's expected of you? I made a thread on Nuffield apps a while back, it has loads of info from past participants

Is in they emailed me to say I got accepted but they didn't say what project I am doing
Reply 16
Is in they emailed me to say I got accepted but they didn't say what project I am doing

Oh ok, we won't hear what project we've been assigned until June, at the induction. What subject/region did you apply for?
Original post by kawehi
Oh ok, we won't hear what project we've been assigned until June, at the induction. What subject/region did you apply for?

oh okay, london and biomedical, you?
Reply 18
oh okay, london and biomedical, you?

Norfolk, biochem/med!
Reply 19
Original post by kawehi
What subject did you apply for?

1. Physics 2. Chemistry since I want to do Phys NatSci.

Quick Reply

Latest