The Student Room Group

Biology OCR Exam technique

Hi, I'm doing OCR AS Biology and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips with exam technique? I always lose marks whenever there's a 'suggest' question as well, but general advice would be definitely welcome too :smile: thanks!
Original post by mrjowanna
Hi, I'm doing OCR AS Biology and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips with exam technique? I always lose marks whenever there's a 'suggest' question as well, but general advice would be definitely welcome too :smile: thanks!

Most people come across this problem. The only thing that worked for me was to work through past papers. Once you've gone through a paper, thoroughly mark it using a mark scheme annotating your paper.

Make notes from the mark scheme and just keep rewriting your model answer until you fully understand how to approach this question and others similar.

It takes practise, but it's worth it in the end. :yep:
I agree with the person above, and also make sure you answer the question in the exam. You may see the area it's on and decide to write everything you know on that area, but if you don't answer the question it's going to make you lose marks. There are a lot of application questions, like stretch and challenge, so maybe read around topics and keep focussing on the types on exam questions you find hard- as you said, with you it's the 'suggest' questions, so go through a lot of these- they usually want a direct answer and a brief explanation with these as to why, but ultimately answer the question. Good luck!
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for helping me :smile: Hope your exams go well too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending