The Student Room Group

This is the future.

Who wants to walk to the bus stop or down the road to buy the grocery on your two feet, that's exhausting and takes time and effort; why not use a one wheel scooter these are the future who agrees?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The future for everyone to get beaten up. Can you imagine how much stick you'd get if you were seen on something like that? :laugh: I very much doubt it will catch on xx
Don't think I'd be able to balance one of those :lol:
Reply 3
Original post by NeverTooLatte
The future for everyone to get beaten up. Can you imagine how much stick you'd get if you were seen on something like that? :laugh: I very much doubt it will catch on xx

Why would anyone get beaten up?:hand:

I refute that claim, I saw this guy in one of these and everyone looked like a snail next to him he was like a hare, and he looked so suave, just rolling on by with his burger and fries in his hands.

You can't compete.:smug:
(edited 9 years ago)

That woman in the background is clearly just about to kick the guy's face in.
Reply 5
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Don't think I'd be able to balance one of those :lol:

It's easy jump on board and off you go. It's like riding any transportation.
Original post by Maradiah

I refute that claim, I saw this guy in one of these and everyone looked like a snail next to him he was like a hare, and he so much swag, just rolling on by with his burger and fries.

What? No way! :laugh: He must've got some looks though :wink:
Once everyone gets one it will be a disaster. Crashes galore. It is not a bad idea, sure. But will people be that good at manouvering them? Look at the pathetic standard of driving that most people demonstrate.

I refute that claim, I saw this guy in one of these and everyone looked like a snail next to him he was like a hare, and he had so much swag, just rolling on by with his burger and fries in his hands.

Not even bothering walking? Eating burger and fries?

Sounds like a healthy bloke. Not. Hope this isn't the future.
Reply 9
What? No way! :laugh: He must've got some looks though :wink:

Well yeah people were gasping and pointing fingers, it's unorthodox, but it breaks the norm.

Why not?

It's a cool idea.
Reply 10
Original post by frankieboy
Not even bothering walking? Eating burger and fries?

Sounds like a healthy bloke. Not. Hope this isn't the future.

He looked as healthy as an ox, plus why would you want to stroll at the pace of a snail, when you could get there 10x times the speed and you know your not using too much energy or exhausting yourself.

It's a good idea, what about carbon footprint?
Reply 11
Original post by Gott
By 125, ride on rode

:confused:.
He looked as healthy as an ox, plus why would you want to stroll at the pace of a snail, when you could get there 10x times the speed and you know your not using too much energy or exhausting yourself.

It's a good idea, what about carbon footprint?

Yeah it is a good idea basically. However, when everyone gets one what with all the overcrowding and such, I can see a lot of injuries happening. Especially if people are gassing on their mobiles like the bloke in the picture.

Edit - correction, I'm not sure he's on a mobile. Headset, maybe? Can't make it out from the pic. - the point about mobies still stands though.
Reply 13

Too dangerous, too many accidents occur with motorcycles.

Best to stick with walking than use one of those.:hand:
Reply 14
Original post by Gott
Just look where youre going

I would still opt out for the safer option of the one-wheel-scooter.

I doubt anyone would die in a horrible crash from one of these, can't say the same for a motorcycle.
After growing up watching 'Tomorrow's World' and seeing nothing from that show actually happen, I have to say - I'm not convinced!
Reply 16
Original post by somethingbeautiful
After growing up watching 'Tomorrow's World' and seeing nothing from that show actually happen, I have to say - I'm not convinced!

Can't say that I am very familiar with that show.:hmmmm:
Can't say that I am very familiar with that show.:hmmmm:

No way. Don't make me feel old. :eek:

Maybe some of what they featured wasn't junk after all:

Reply 18
Original post by somethingbeautiful
No way. Don't make me feel old. :eek:

Maybe some of what they featured wasn't junk after all:

That notepad looked like a concrete brick.:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest