The Student Room Group

Finishing my 1st year of a HND program

Hi,
I will finish soon my first year from HND program which is 2 years and I don't want to go for the second year, what options do I have? Many thanks.
Hi there. Are you withdrawing from the course? Are you looking to change or study a new course? Thanks, David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. Are you withdrawing from the course? Are you looking to change or study a new course? Thanks, David

Hi David, Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I want to withdraw. In the future I will explore other options that aligns to my career goals and progression. Reason why I would like to know what options do I have for the time being and also for the future. Many thanks, M
Hi there,

I do not quite understand what you mean by what your options are? If you withdraw from the course your funding will stop and if you then deicide to start a new course you would need to apply for it.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Hi Drew, Thank you for your reply. I do understand that my funding will stop, anyways I won't reapply for this course to receive funding as long I won't go for the second year. The idea was if in the future I will choose other courses I will be affected by this first year? Because I am reading and are so many wrong information online ( some say I am receiving a certificate that I won't be able to use it to go to another university, other says because I went for a HND programme I can't change, I have to finish this... and the list is carry on like this, etc.). Reason why I want to know what options I have, once I will withdraw. Many thanks for understanding, M
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi Lxtem,

Your previous study will affect your eligibility for future funding. For example, if you have 2 years of previous study from the HND course and you apply to study a 3 year degree you will have to self fund the 1st year of the new course.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Lxtem,
Your previous study will affect your eligibility for future funding. For example, if you have 2 years of previous study from the HND course and you apply to study a 3 year degree you will have to self fund the 1st year of the new course.
Thanks,
Calum

Thank you for mentioning this one Calum. Regards, M
Hi Lxtem,

You're welcome, have a nice day :smile:

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 8
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Lxtem,
You're welcome, have a nice day :smile:
Thanks,
Calum

You too, thank you. M
Hi there,

If you have any future questions you can contact us on this platform.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending