The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Flexbility on offers?

Hi,

I have an AAB offer for Accounting, Business Finance and Management. I've worked hard but can't help thinking I might miss the offer slightly (e.g. ABB). Does anyone know how flexible York are in terms of offers, and how likely I am to be still offered a place even if I were to miss my offer by a single grade?

It's my firm choice, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Anyone?
University of York
York
Reply 2
hey, i'm a second year studying economics, and was offered AAB. Missed my grades by one and got ABB and still got in. Also know people who missed their predicted by more than one grade and still got in, so hopefully will be okay!
Original post by JamesM96
Hi,

I have an AAB offer for Accounting, Business Finance and Management. I've worked hard but can't help thinking I might miss the offer slightly (e.g. ABB). Does anyone know how flexible York are in terms of offers, and how likely I am to be still offered a place even if I were to miss my offer by a single grade?

Thanks in advance!

I know a guy who's doing Computer Science at York, and his offer was AAA and he got ABC in his A-Levels, and they still let him in. :-) That's the only example I know of, but I don't know why they would have treated him especially different from any other applicant. I imagine if you miss it by a few grades, but they liked your personal statement or particular subjects, they'll be willing to overlook a few missteps. :-)
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi James,

The best thing to do is to email your question to the Admissions Tutor at the York Management School, Jocelyn Hayes, on [email protected]. She will be able to advise on entry requirements and possible alternative offers.

I hope this helps and good luck with everything.
Helen
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

My offer from York as my insurance was AAB but I really messed up and got BBC. They still let me in with no complaint and half my flat are in the same position with the same grades; one of them does ABFM and he got BBC, and the two others that do it from my flat one got the grades but the other got ABB. York are usually fairly lenient so don't worry too much!
On the applicant day, my guide got ABB for am AAB offer and got in. I'm scepticsl though as biology, my course, is always over subscribed
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
On the applicant day, my guide got ABB for am AAB offer and got in. I'm scepticsl though as biology, my course, is always over subscribed

In the same boat as ChoccyPhilly, my Biology offer is also AAB, and I'm worried I'll end up with ABB. Who should I email in the Biology Dept. to ask?
Original post by jonnynoctu
In the same boat as ChoccyPhilly, my Biology offer is also AAB, and I'm worried I'll end up with ABB. Who should I email in the Biology Dept. to ask?

Wel you cant go back on your choices now and I'm sure rhat many people email them that question. I too only think I'll get ABB but might as well br optimistic and hope they take me in
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Wel you cant go back on your choices now and I'm sure rhat many people email them that question. I too only think I'll get ABB but might as well br optimistic and hope they take me in

Nah, I really want to go there, I was pretty surprised I got an offer with my chemistry C tbh. Yeah, here's hoping!
Original post by jonnynoctu
Nah, I really want to go there, I was pretty surprised I got an offer with my chemistry C tbh. Yeah, here's hoping!

lol I am the exact same. Got a C in biology and got an offer in the end. I'd be devastated if i end up in my insurance (cardiff) but the thing is that i've got a friend who got AAB at her AS and she is dying to go to cardiff unlike me.

One man's trash...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending