The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
BBC reporting that Barcelona are interested in Ramsey. I bloody hope not.

Reply 601
Don't see what's funny, if Barcelona wanted him they'd get him instantly. Arsenal have zero bargaining power these days over their own players.
Reply 602
Wenger on Giroud : "Nobody can win you the Premier League title alone," Wenger said when asked about his French forward. "Olivier Giroud is part of the squad and he has done extremely well. He's scored 14 goals in the Premier League in 20 games. He works very hard for the team. Alone, of course he cannot win it."

Hope this means he finally gets some support, other than Welbeck..

Original post by Arkasia
Ah right, well I'm sure you'll have a great time this year (unless we lose).

Cheers man, will enjoy regardless.
Reply 603
Original post by Dexa
Don't see what's funny, if Barcelona wanted him they'd get him instantly. Arsenal have zero bargaining power these days over their own players.

The Ramsey links are nothing-articles
Original post by Zürich
Ramsey wouldnt even make their bench based on this season's performances.

Disappointed in his season tbh after he performed at basically world class levels last season.

Can't blame the guy considering he's played on the wing for ages, or in a heavily unbalanced central midfield.
Reply 605
Original post by Depleted
Can't blame the guy considering he's played on the wing for ages, or in a heavily unbalanced central midfield.

Hasn't been ages, just since around the Liverpool game. Before that he's played in the middle most of the time
Reply 606
Also Rosicky signs for another year

Wenger says that there will only be additions this summer. Good to hear that no one's leaving so we can maintain our squad depth, and the window won't be as sideways as last seeing as we won't be filling gaps. Hopefully we can start strong like the 2013/2014 season, since most of our players will have a full pre season and any new additions will have plenty of time to be integrated into the squad.

Would really love Lacazette now. I think even with Ospina in goal for next season, as long as the defence fixes up we'll be fine. Ornstein said earlier on this season that a top DM was the agenda for the summer window so there's always that too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ramsey to replace Xavi.......Yeah no I'm not buying it
Its very unlikely but say if he does leave then who would we buy or do we not need anyone?
Sign Valbuena
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Sign Valbuena

Guy is past it now and too old.
Original post by RA95
Hasn't been ages, just since around the Liverpool game. Before that he's played in the middle most of the time

True but midfield wasn't the best when he was there (pre-Jan anyway), and even though he's had a perceived bad season he's still in double figures, which shows how good he really is tbh.
ramsey for 50m? would be quite something..

its a lot for him, but then we have all see what he can do when he is on form. I persoanlly would not want to sell him untill we have seen him play a full season in his proper central position with a decent partner.. so that we can judge what he can actually do for the team
Original post by fallen_acorns
ramsey for 50m? would be quite something..

its a lot for him, but then we have all see what he can do when he is on form. I persoanlly would not want to sell him untill we have seen him play a full season in his proper central position with a decent partner.. so that we can judge what he can actually do for the team

It'd be counter productive to sell him after sticking with him so long tbh. Though if we sell him that opens up space for wilshere. Ideally none leave. He's too direct for barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
It'd be counter productive to sell him after sticking with him so long tbh. Though if we sell him that opens up space for wilshere. Ideally none leave. He's too direct for barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile

would be much more tempted to sell wilshire then ramsey to be honest - both are stunning at their best, but we have seen ramsey's best a lot more then wilshires over the last 2-3 years
Reply 615
Rosicky just signed a one year deal
Glad we're keeping Rosicky, incredibly talented, amazing personality, and truly loyal.
Original post by RA95
Wenger on Giroud : "Nobody can win you the Premier League title alone," Wenger said when asked about his French forward. "Olivier Giroud is part of the squad and he has done extremely well. He's scored 14 goals in the Premier League in 20 games. He works very hard for the team. Alone, of course he cannot win it."

Hope this means he finally gets some support, other than Welbeck..

You certainly need it. Giroud was running himself into the ground against Sunderland the other night. He seemed desperately tired, and really in need of a rest. Would be absolutely astounded if he starts this weekend ahead of the FA Cup final.
Just got my cup final (screening) tickets :woo: I hope it's as ridiculous as last years was!
Reply 619
Original post by danielnkwocha
Just got my cup final (screening) tickets :woo: I hope it's as ridiculous as last years was!

how was the screening last year?

Latest