11Jason11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Feel free to share any suggestions on what could possiblly be on the exam, or any questions you have

AQA Physics P2 & P3 ---Wednesday 20th May 2015
Pra99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars
stressthistest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pra99)
that would be heaven
ThatGurl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pra99)
That's exactly what I think too although it's been there for a few years now so I'm thinking your house may be lost to someone very soon :/ haha
Blueyy__
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
p3 i think 6 marker will be X-ray(and/or CT scan)/Ultrasound comparison or +/- OR center of mass
CandyCrush27
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Think there might be a 6 marker on Star Life cycles or Fission and Fusion on P2
11Jason11
Rep:
?
Yeah, P3 the 6 marker could be comparing X-rays to CT Scans and Ultrasound- idk advantages and disadvantages?
Blueyy__
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 11Jason11)
Yeah, P3 the 6 marker could be comparing X-rays to CT Scans and Ultrasound- idk advantages and disadvantages?
hopefully - would be an easy 6 marker, and nicer than the ones they have given us already in B3/C3
CandyCrush27
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pra99)
I doubt it because there was a 5 marker on last years paper about the stars main sequence and how it eventually becomes a black dwarf, and there was a 6 marker on what happens to a star much bigger than our sun as it reaches the end of main sequence on the January 2013 paper , but I do think there may be a question to compare both fission and fusion.
Pra99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ThatGurl)
That's exactly what I think too although it's been there for a few years now so I'm thinking your house may be lost to someone very soon :/ haha
Haha yeh but they might repeat it to catch people out
11Jason11
Rep:
?
P2 is so long
DrNippleson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Six Mark last year was Transformers which is like a total YAAS because I cannot wrap my head around it. So it's Centre of Mass/Hydraulics/Motor Effect/Medecine
ThatGurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pra99)
Haha yeh but they might repeat it to catch people out
hopefully. I'm gonna revise it fully anyway because if they don't do it for the 6 marker, they're gonna stick it in a 5 marker probably :/
Blueyy__
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DrNippleson)
Six Mark last year was Transformers which is like a total YAAS because I cannot wrap my head around it. So it's Centre of Mass/Hydraulics/Motor Effect/Medecine
yeah. and being as this year they seem to like to have a 6 marker and 5 markers in the same paper, my guess is that lenses will come up for a 5 marker, and/or transformers.
11Jason11
Rep:
?
Have they done any 6 markers on electricity before?
Blueyy__
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 11Jason11)
Have they done any 6 markers on electricity before?
(p3) - 1 - last years on transformers.
Lauren-x-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blueyy__
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lauren-x-)
How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
-(insulated) wires carry a.c. to primary coil

-this produces a changing magnetic field in the iron core

-which produces a magnetic field in the secondary coil

-this induces a alternating pd/voltage across the secondary coil

-so there is a a.c. is in the secondary coil
11Jason11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lauren-x-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The primary coil is connected to an AC supply. An alternating current passes through a primary coil wrapped around a soft iron core. The changing current produces a changing magnetic field. This induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil.This induces an alternating current (AC) in the circuit connected to the secondary coil.
jessm8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CandyCrush27)
Think there might be a 6 marker on Star Life cycles or Fission and Fusion on P2
honestly if aqa are following their 6 marker trend this year i think it'll be on describing and explaining someones results or planning your own experiment just a thought really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (80)
28.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (105)
37.1%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.53%

Watched Threads