The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Feel free to share any suggestions on what could possiblly be on the exam, or any questions you have :smile:

AQA Physics P2 & P3 ---Wednesday 20th May 2015
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars
Original post by Pra99

that would be heaven
Original post by Pra99

That's exactly what I think too although it's been there for a few years now so I'm thinking your house may be lost to someone very soon :/ haha
Reply 4
p3 i think 6 marker will be X-ray(and/or CT scan)/Ultrasound comparison or +/- OR center of mass
Think there might be a 6 marker on Star Life cycles or Fission and Fusion on P2
Reply 6
Yeah, P3 the 6 marker could be comparing X-rays to CT Scans and Ultrasound- idk advantages and disadvantages?
Reply 7
Original post by 11Jason11
Yeah, P3 the 6 marker could be comparing X-rays to CT Scans and Ultrasound- idk advantages and disadvantages?

hopefully - would be an easy 6 marker, and nicer than the ones they have given us already in B3/C3
Original post by Pra99

I doubt it because there was a 5 marker on last years paper about the stars main sequence and how it eventually becomes a black dwarf, and there was a 6 marker on what happens to a star much bigger than our sun as it reaches the end of main sequence on the January 2013 paper , but I do think there may be a question to compare both fission and fusion.
Reply 9
Original post by ThatGurl
That's exactly what I think too although it's been there for a few years now so I'm thinking your house may be lost to someone very soon :/ haha

Haha yeh but they might repeat it to catch people out
Reply 10
P2 is so long
Six Mark last year was Transformers which is like a total YAAS because I cannot wrap my head around it. So it's Centre of Mass/Hydraulics/Motor Effect/Medecine
Original post by Pra99
Haha yeh but they might repeat it to catch people out

hopefully. I'm gonna revise it fully anyway because if they don't do it for the 6 marker, they're gonna stick it in a 5 marker probably :/
Original post by DrNippleson
Six Mark last year was Transformers which is like a total YAAS because I cannot wrap my head around it. So it's Centre of Mass/Hydraulics/Motor Effect/Medecine

yeah. and being as this year they seem to like to have a 6 marker and 5 markers in the same paper, my guess is that lenses will come up for a 5 marker, and/or transformers.
Reply 14
Have they done any 6 markers on electricity before?
Original post by 11Jason11
Have they done any 6 markers on electricity before?

(p3) - 1 - last years on transformers.
How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren-x-
How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

-(insulated) wires carry a.c. to primary coil

-this produces a changing magnetic field in the iron core

-which produces a magnetic field in the secondary coil

-this induces a alternating pd/voltage across the secondary coil

-so there is a a.c. is in the secondary coil
Reply 18
Original post by Lauren-x-

Posted from TSR Mobile

The primary coil is connected to an AC supply. An alternating current passes through a primary coil wrapped around a soft iron core. The changing current produces a changing magnetic field. This induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil.This induces an alternating current (AC) in the circuit connected to the secondary coil.
Reply 19
Original post by CandyCrush27
Think there might be a 6 marker on Star Life cycles or Fission and Fusion on P2

honestly if aqa are following their 6 marker trend this year i think it'll be on describing and explaining someones results or planning your own experiment just a thought really :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending