The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Digital Media Technology

Hi, is there anyone studying Digital Media Technology in Sep 2015 or is anyone currently studying it?
I'm trying to apply for the full sandwich myself. Finishing up my Personal Statement then I'm dreading to see/hear what's next...
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hey, I'm currently studying Digital Media Technology , just finished my first year going into my second. The course is very coursework based, there was only two exams in the first year for the Media Technology module. The course offers a good mixture between the creative and technical side from Animation to Website design.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you out :smile:
Hello,

I'm still finishing up my Personal Statement, how big is the possibility that I may get taken on this year to start? Or do you not have any idea? I read on here that decision making deadline will be 16th July. I'm hoping they have a look and get back to me asap. I'm also going to have a visit to an Open Day this weekend to see if I can get any good advice.

Original post by KameronS95
Hey, I'm currently studying Digital Media Technology , just finished my first year going into my second. The course is very coursework based, there was only two exams in the first year for the Media Technology module. The course offers a good mixture between the creative and technical side from Animation to Website design.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you out :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Myselfkard0
Hello,

I'm still finishing up my Personal Statement, how big is the possibility that I may get taken on this year to start? Or do you not have any idea? I read on here that decision making deadline will be 16th July. I'm hoping they have a look and get back to me asap. I'm also going to have a visit to an Open Day this weekend to see if I can get any good advice.

Hey, I don't know to much about the admissions part of the course, you'd be best attending the open day and speaking to the course lecturers at the university. If possible try talk to Andy White he is the course leader and quite easy to talk too!

Good luck! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello,

Hi,

I hope you enjoyed our Open Day and managed to speak to somebody about your course and application? But if you do have any more questions, just ask!

Lydia (BCU Team)
Hello there,

The Open Day was definitely an eye opener. Andy White gave me a tour around the rooms I would be using, and I managed to have a word in the end, but he told me the course was based strictly on Qualifications. I thought I would have a slight possibility of being taken on, reason being that I'm an experienced student in equivalent to the qualifications needed. Other than that I am pending response from another course called Visual Communication. I only just sent off a Port Folio yesterday so fingers crossed!

Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi,

I hope you enjoyed our Open Day and managed to speak to somebody about your course and application? But if you do have any more questions, just ask!

Lydia (BCU Team)
Hello there,

The Open Day was definitely an eye opener. Andy White gave me a tour around the rooms I would be using, and I managed to have a word in the end, but he told me the course was based strictly on Qualifications. I thought I would have a slight possibility of being taken on, reason being that I'm an experienced student in equivalent to the qualifications needed. Other than that I am pending response from another course called Visual Communication. I only just sent off a Port Folio yesterday so fingers crossed!

Well good luck with both! And congrats on getting your portfolio sent off, have you seen our new video on the Vis Com course? It might give you a good idea of what it will be like to study it with us if you're successful!

All the best,
Lydia.
Reply 8
Hey I just wanted to ask is there a mixture of boys/girls in this course and also how the timetable is set out for the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending