The Student Room Group

Geography gcse PHYSICAL EXAM *TOMORROW*

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, last years paper was actually 65% for an A* which was 49/75
Original post by jesus313
Im doing restless earth, rocks, and coastal zone. does anyone now roughly the grade boundary for an a* or what it usually is around

Last year it was 63 for an A* in physical and 49 for an A* in human
You got that the other way round. The human paper was 63 because it's out of 84.

The physical paper is out of 75 and was 49 for an A*.
(edited 8 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3241469

Here is the main geography thread we have already established so;D

:smile:
Original post by Samuel2599
For water distribution is that like for example Kielder Water dam that transfers water to areas of deficit ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes lad i am also learning about Kielder Water.
I'm doing restless earth, coastal zones and ice on the land. Any ideas for these topics?
Original post by SuperHuman98
yes lad i am also learning about Kielder Water.

Thanks I was getting really worried for a second because I didn't know what it meant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Restless earth, Water on the land and Ice on the land :smile:
can some1 help me out please? if I got 60/60 in the coursework, what do u think i'd have to get out of 75 and out of 84 to guarantee an A*? thanks
Reply 29
I'm also doing restless earth, coastal zone and living world, any last min advice ???
So how did it go for everyone ?
I found the last question on coasts quite challenging
Reply 31
yh that answer to that was studland bay(or any other case study related to coastal habitat) but alot of people did holderness and you had to talk about SSSI i messed up that last 8 marker for coastal zone ffs and the tectonic quuestion about drawing the volcano was actually composite ffs i did shield :/
Original post by Synonym
yh that answer to that was studland bay(or any other case study related to coastal habitat) but alot of people did holderness and you had to talk about SSSI i messed up that last 8 marker for coastal zone ffs and the tectonic quuestion about drawing the volcano was actually composite ffs i did shield :/

No honey, hi the volcano is actually a shield...that's what everyone has said and I googled it also.

it isn't a composite..so as long as you said gently sloping sides youre okay!
Reply 33
Original post by fabsafxo
No honey, hi the volcano is actually a shield...that's what everyone has said and I googled it also.

it isn't a composite..so as long as you said gently sloping sides your okay!

are you 100% sure because alot of ppl on tsr have been saying it is composite this is because the volcano is called
Eyjafjallajokull
and is a composite volcano search it up :smile:
do they do UMS for geo?
Reply 35
Original post by jesus313
do they do UMS for geo?

yep
Original post by Synonym
are you 100% sure because alot of ppl on tsr have been saying it is composite this is because the volcano is called
Eyjafjallajokull

Yeah but the volcano is formed at a constructive margin on the mid Atlantic ridge. Constructive margins only create shield volcanoes, composite are formed at destructive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Synonym
Eyjafjallajokull

I am 100% sure, and I mean from the picture it was obviously a shield volcano, it didn't even look composite! Aha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending