The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Actually the last bus to Queen's on Mon-Fri leaves Elvet at 2.30am and 23.35 on Sat.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
lol the last two people who posted who aren't rooftopcowboy need to read the bloody thread! :rolleyes:

The thread is about a course at Queens Campus, Stockton. Someone asked about clubbing in Newcastle whilst at Queens Campus. Rooftopcowboy explained it's quite hard to get back from because trains from Newcastle TO STOCKTON don't run very late.

Then the next few people blab on about getting from either Newcastle to Durham OR from Durham to Stockton. Neither really helps :rolleyes:
stupanico
Actually the last bus to Queen's on Mon-Fri leaves Elvet at 2.30am and 23.35 on Sat.

i thought the 2:30 bus was only on a friday for planet of sound?

and that the last bus except friday was the 11:30ish one?

unless its changed??
Reply 23
Erm.. Cab?
Reply 24
BertieBassit
Erm.. Cab?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Reply 25
I'm sure it wouln't cost that much if say four of us took one cab and split it between ourselves!
Reply 26
Rooftopcowboy
i thought the 2:30 bus was only on a friday for planet of sound?

and that the last bus except friday was the 11:30ish one?

unless its changed??

Sorry yes I apologize you're right it is 11.25 weekdays except Friday and something at 00.30 on Wednesday.

A taxi journey after midnight cost 1 girl on her own £38 in freshers' week to get from Durham to Stockon!! So the more who get 1 taxi the better.
Reply 27
BertieBassit
I'm sure it wouln't cost that much if say four of us took one cab and split it between ourselves!

From Newcastle to Stockton?!?!?!

Considering Newcastle to Durham would cost you in the range of £25-30 (I've never done it, but I'm sure people who have have said that's about how much they paid)......double that for Stockton.....you're getting to £50-£60!!!

Even between 4 people, that's a LOT lol
Reply 28
Yeah me and my friends paid £40 for a taxi from Newcastle to Durham on a Saturday night. Luckily there were 8 of us though. I had to duck down when a policeman came past! :biggrin:
Its around about £30 from Stockton to Durham.
Reply 30
There's good nightlife in 'Boro and Che in stockton on Monday is awesome. The JCR also organise trips to Leeds and Newcastle with bus provided and then there's always Durham, POS...dare I say it Klute... so lots to do without spending mega bucks travelling.

Latest