The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Physics Exam (p1-p3)

Anyone else have a physics exam tomorrow?

If you're doing OCR, what topics do you think might appear for the 6 markers?

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully Wegener's theory of continental drift because it's so easy.... but I doubt it.
Reply 2
Original post by Smart-Arse99
Hopefully Wegener's theory of continental drift because it's so easy.... but I doubt it.

I hope so too! I doubt there will be a 6 marker on it though..
im hoping the carbon cycle for p2, maybe something about the formation of the solar system will come up for p1 and probably comparing ways of getting energy for p3 but they will probably try and trick us with some unrelated topic
Reply 4
Original post by Johnp1144
im hoping the carbon cycle for p2, maybe something about the formation of the solar system will come up for p1 and probably comparing ways of getting energy for p3 but they will probably try and trick us with some unrelated topic

If the carbon cycle comes up that would be a blessing! P1 they might ask something along the lines of that, although i'm not too sure...
And yeah I agree for P3, although it could even focus on reducing energy demands...

I just hope the 6 markers aren't as complicated as they were in the Chemistry and Biology papers. :s-smilie:
Yeah I agree, how did you find the other papers I found biology really easy but hated chemistry
Reply 6
Yeah I agree, how did you find the other papers I found biology really easy but hated chemistry

Yeah I agree Chemistry was just awful! I honestly thought there would be a question on homeostasis for biology though and that first 6 marker on the triplets was a bit different... :/
how did you find the exam today then? i thought the maths questions were too confusing so ended up running out of time. what did you get for the last question as well because i got really mixed up :/
how did you find the exam today then? i thought the maths questions were too confusing so ended up running out of time. what did you get for the last question as well because i got really mixed up :/

i worked out the difference between the co2 as
550-180=370kg which is the amount reduced per hour.
then you 370*24=8880kg for a day

it was three marks but it seemed too short, yet easy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kavinthan
i worked out the difference between the co2 as
550-180=370kg which is the amount reduced per hour.
then you 370*24=8880kg for a day

it was three marks but it seemed too short, yet easy.

but didn't it ask for the percentage reduction? what did you get for the solar panel and hydroelectric dam in china questions? :smile:
what did you guys put for the first 6 mark question? it was very unusual (to put it in a formal way, other than retarded)
but didn't it ask for the percentage reduction? what did you get for the solar panel and hydroelectric dam in china questions? :smile:

what was that question about again
the solar panel one was if they produced 7.5 something of energy or not and the dam one was standard form and the percentage of power it supplied to china
what was that question about again

for the six markers i said for the first one how clouds of gas and dust contract together due to gravity then said about nuclear fusion. the second one i just explained the heating effect and then some benefits of using mobile phones. For the final one i just explained the distance each turbine was from a main city and then said about the wind speed and linked it to how much energy it would produce etc
Reply 14
Was there a solar panel question?!?!?!?! I dont remember there being one???!!! Can someone tell me what it was about?
Well, that test was a car crash...
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be?
the solar panel one was if they produced 7.5 something of energy or not and the dam one was standard form and the percentage of power it supplied to china

they were wrong as after i calculated it i got something lower like 5 point something and others in my school got that too

the percentage was 0.7%
Original post by Padamire
Well, that test was a car crash...
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be?

for the last 5 papers after the syllabus changed, fo an A* it was
jan-38
june-40
jan-36
june-36
june-41
so i guess the max for an A* will be around 45 at most
they were wrong as after i calculated it i got something lower like 5 point something and others in my school got that too

the percentage was 0.7%

oh i said they were wrong but got like 7.???, i got 0.7 though so that's good. i hope the grade boundaries are low as that was a really hard paper i thought :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending