The Student Room Group

Too old for freshers? BE HONEST

Scroll to see replies

Look at it from the other side, do you really want to spend time getting drunk with a bunch of 18/19 year olds? :smile: Sounds like a nightmare to me.
Original post by linnyloo87
How strange I did a year and a half of that before realising it wasn't for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work in mental health now and I love it 😊
Original post by kingoftheting
Look at it from the other side, do you really want to spend time getting drunk with a bunch of 18/19 year olds? :smile: Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Haha there is that too, I am wondering whether there will be other mature students, as I'm doing nursing.
Original post by KittyAnneR
I am deciding whether to go to some freshers events in September, but I'm unsure whether it will be weird, as I will be almost 25 when we start...

I am going to UoN and I already went to uni before, to Notts Trent, so already experienced it once- in the same city! It was BRILLIANT and I do like to party.

What are opinions- would you do a second fresher's week? Would you feel weird with a 25 year old fresher? Be honest :biggrin:

Bit late in answering.. but I'd love it if there was a 25 year old with me for freshers week.. I'll be 22 in September so I'm worried about being older than everyone.

It's my second freshers week, although my first one was in Canada so I'm excited to experience the British equivalent :biggrin:
That being said - I'm definitely going to as many events as I want :smile:
Original post by Erinspad
Bit late in answering.. but I'd love it if there was a 25 year old with me for freshers week.. I'll be 22 in September so I'm worried about being older than everyone.

It's my second freshers week, although my first one was in Canada so I'm excited to experience the British equivalent :biggrin:
That being said - I'm definitely going to as many events as I want :smile:

Good for you! Where will you be studying/what course?
I lived with a 25 year old fresher last year who was a bigger ladies' man/party animal than all of us.
Original post by TimeWalker
I lived with a 25 year old fresher last year who was a bigger ladies' man/party animal than all of us.

When you get to 25 you realise it really isn't that old :lol:
Good for you! Where will you be studying/what course?

I'm still deciding between Leeds and Southampton (apparently international students have longer to confirm) for law :smile:
I'm still deciding between Leeds and Southampton (apparently international students have longer to confirm) for law :smile:

Where are you from? Good luck!
Where are you from? Good luck!

Thanks!

I'm Canadian :smile:
Thanks!

I'm Canadian :smile:

Of course you are! Silly me
Dude, you're like me. You look way younger than 25, I think you'll blend in! You have a young face :smile: Plus, you're pretty short. I think your appearance is on your side; go party! And let me come experience Notts freshers :P
Reply 32
You'll be fine, we had a range of ages and lots of people in their early up to late 20's, my friend is 29 and fit in fine :smile:
Original post by FalsettoSlumber
Dude, you're like me. You look way younger than 25, I think you'll blend in! You have a young face :smile: Plus, you're pretty short. I think your appearance is on your side; go party! And let me come experience Notts freshers :P

Definitely come to Notts freshers! It will make my life if you come
Freshers Week is what you make of it - people who don't fit in tend to be the people who shut themselves away from the activities and bringing up the drawbridge to making friends around.

I've known lots of people older than you having a great time during my two experiences of freshers week (went to two different unis).

Just be ready for the two day hangovers. :angel:
I am deciding whether to go to some freshers events in September, but I'm unsure whether it will be weird, as I will be almost 25 when we start...

I am going to UoN and I already went to uni before, to Notts Trent, so already experienced it once- in the same city! It was BRILLIANT and I do like to party.

What are opinions- would you do a second fresher's week? Would you feel weird with a 25 year old fresher? Be honest :biggrin:

As long as you get stuck in and aren't weird about your age you'll be fine there were people at my uni 18 30 who went clubbing and stuff with everyone and it was fine I had no Idea until they told me.
Definitely come to Notts freshers! It will make my life if you come

What dates are your freshers to/from? I will def come to Notts for a night if Derby hasn't already killed me! We get a freshers FORTNIGHT!! :|
Original post by FalsettoSlumber
What dates are your freshers to/from? I will def come to Notts for a night if Derby hasn't already killed me! We get a freshers FORTNIGHT!! :|

I don't think I'll be able to afford that many nights!
I'm reading this chuckling away to myself!😂

I'll be paediatric nursing in Sept and I'm 50. We don't all start knitting and playing scrabble when we hit 30 you know! If you want to go freshers then go!! Sod getting permission from others 😘
Original post by Twinky50
I'm reading this chuckling away to myself!😂

I'll be paediatric nursing in Sept and I'm 50. We don't all start knitting and playing scrabble when we hit 30 you know! If you want to go freshers then go!! Sod getting permission from others 😘

I don't want permission, I just wanted to know how people feel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending