The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is St Aidan's any good? does college really matter?

well i got an invetaton to interview to durham yesterday, for engineering
but it wasn't from my first choice college (castle)
so i am a bit disappointed by it, cos i really want to go there.
but i am still gonna go up there and take a look at the college,
any of u durham'er know what its like in st aidan's? and does the college really matter than much?
Reply 1
I don't think it makes *that* much of a difference, as 99% of people love whichever college they're in, even if they didn't choose that one originally. You're doing the right thing going to take a look at Aidan's. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Aidan's is fab despite the 84 steps leading up 2 it :-s. The atmosphere is fab though and although its not as great to look at as Castle, guaranteed u will have an amazing time. Good luck wit the interview.
kathryn16
Aidan's is fab despite the 84 steps leading up 2 it :-s.

Is there disabled access?
Reply 4
^^ yes there seem to be little ramps everywhere and theres a road that leads to aidan's behind the steps.
Reply 5
The choice of college makes little difference at all. But as a liver-out I would say that ^_^;
stoney
theres a road that leads to aidan's behind the steps.

That would be Elvet Hill Road from Mildert and then Windmill Hill, I always used to take this route last year because I used to get so out of breath from the steps. (Now I live on the third floor of a four floor appartment block so I've got used to stairs!!)
Reply 7
thx for that guys, hopefully i'll like it there, cos after going to ucl and imperial i found i almost hated it there, so i think a college in durham would give a much nicer atomosphere. o yer anyone know whether there is a sports hall in st adians? (need somewehre to play badminton)
Reply 8
Nanospeed
thx for that guys, hopefully i'll like it there, cos after going to ucl and imperial i found i almost hated it there, so i think a college in durham would give a much nicer atomosphere. o yer anyone know whether there is a sports hall in st adians? (need somewehre to play badminton)

St Aidans has outdoor tennis courts within the college grounds so you could play badminton there, however they don't have any indoor facilities for badminton (as far as I'm aware?)
Reply 9
But as a liver-out I would say that

You live out as a first year?

Latest