The Student Room Group

About the use of paragraphs wjec

1) Do you have to use paragraphs for eng lit wjec?
2) for 10 mark questions in history wjec?

If i did the exams on a laptop and pressed enter after every line, will that loose me any marks?
As both subjects are essay-styled, it would be most ideal to separate your ideas into different paragraphs. The examiner might seem more prone to want to find you and stab your eyes out with a fork if you leave him/her with an unappealing wall of text.

For your creative (or not-so creative) writing task (q4/5 in English) you must certainly use paragraphs appropriately (as it is a linguistic feature) if you want to expect anything above a C.

As for denotation on a laptop, I'd be starting my first paragraph with an indent by pressing the TAB key (although I doubt it, if this key is disabled or something, replace it with 5 spaces), then as you move onto the following paragraphs leave a line gap to make your efforts even more clear, then indenting the start of the next paragraph and so on...
Original post by DoubleDoors
As both subjects are essay-styled, it would be most ideal to separate your ideas into different paragraphs. The examiner might seem more prone to want to find you and stab your eyes out with a fork if you leave him/her with an unappealing wall of text.

For your creative (or not-so creative) writing task (q4/5 in English) you must certainly use paragraphs appropriately (as it is a linguistic feature) if you want to expect anything above a C.

As for denotation on a laptop, I'd be starting my first paragraph with an indent by pressing the TAB key (although I doubt it, if this key is disabled or something, replace it with 5 spaces), then as you move onto the following paragraphs leave a line gap to make your efforts even more clear, then indenting the start of the next paragraph and so on...

Thanks, I was referring to the English Literature exam which was done, in the WJEC exam board, could you be more specific?
Ah, my mistake - didn't realize you were referring to literature.

I've also misread the exam board you're doing.

http://pastpapers.download.wjec.co.uk/s12-english-literature1-ms.pdf

Looking at page 1 of the mark scheme SPAG seems to be considered as to where you are placed in the bands for both units, however you should ask your teacher about this. I'm pretty confident that structure/grammar encompasses paragraphing.

Quick Reply

Latest