The Student Room Group

How's everyone finding exams?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm now getting to the point where I look at my textbooks and I'm just like *crycry*
How's everyone coping with the stress of everything? Does anybody need specific grades, like are you applying to oxbridge, or competitive courses like medicine and law?
Come on guys, not long to go now! As Shia Lebeouf said DO IT! JUST DO IT!
"You gotta have faith faith faith" - George Micheal..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stress, anxiety ect.. yeah they are all crazily high but so far everything has gone well. Sadly that is only 2 of my 9 exams.

Bring the smile. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Claudiawalker98
I don't know about you guys, but I'm now getting to the point where I look at my textbooks and I'm just like *crycry*
How's everyone coping with the stress of everything? Does anybody need specific grades, like are you applying to oxbridge, or competitive courses like medicine and law?
Come on guys, not long to go now! As Shia Lebeouf said DO IT! JUST DO IT!
"You gotta have faith faith faith" - George Micheal..

I feel completely dead inside, void of any emotion or care any more. Just got half way through, 7 exams left :frown: Should be over soon... in half a month or so.
Original post by 8472
Stress, anxiety ect.. yeah they are all crazily high but so far everything has gone well. Sadly that is only 2 of my 9 exams.

Bring the smile. :h:

8 down, 2 to go...
How do you think your have gone?
Painful to revise, i think i'm in the same boat as you. I diddnt revise much so its tempting not to do any at all but you really should. I knew no biology 3 days ago and did 6 hours a day (was very painful, i revised for like 12 but only 6 of it was work as i'd walk off after 30mins) and the exam actually went very well. I went from getting a D to an A (judging by markschemes on here i've only lost 10-15 marks) which is alot more than i could have asked for.

Basically were nearly done, just hang in there seriously every bit of revision the day or days before and exam is amazing, it will stay in your head and will boost your grade.

Also I'm aiming for A*AAb at the end of A2
So far i think ive got AAB?(chem tommorow)
think thats all your questions lol.

Whay are you aiming for?
Original post by ThatPerson2
I feel completely dead inside, void of any emotion or care any more. Just got half way through, 7 exams left :frown: Should be over soon... in half a month or so.

Haha, I genuinely can't wait until it's over!
Then, a long summer before A2... and all the 'fun' starts again! Oh well:')
How have they gone so far? Like, on a scale of one to jump off a cliff, how are you feeling?
I've not even started my exams! My first A2 is next Tuesday (9th). I'm just so fed up already and I've not even properly started, I'll sit down to revise and just fall asleep at the table! My family have found me more than once snoozing on a pile of revision cards. I'm hoping it'll be worth it, I need AAA to get into my firm choice uni for English. :s-smilie:
Original post by whydoidothis?
Painful to revise, i think i'm in the same boat as you. I diddnt revise much so its tempting not to do any at all but you really should. I knew no biology 3 days ago and did 6 hours a day (was very painful, i revised for like 12 but only 6 of it was work as i'd walk off after 30mins) and the exam actually went very well. I went from getting a D to an A (judging by markschemes on here i've only lost 10-15 marks) which is alot more than i could have asked for.

Basically were nearly done, just hang in there seriously every bit of revision the day or days before and exam is amazing, it will stay in your head and will boost your grade.

Also I'm aiming for A*AAb at the end of A2
So far i think ive got AAB?(chem tommorow)
think thats all your questions lol.

Whay are you aiming for?

I'm needing to be predicted A's next year, so I'm hoping to get at least B's this year. I know maths has gone horrifically though, so I'd be happy with a C in that.
Well done you though! Hopefully you will get that A!
I'm finding it really annoying because I've done so much work all year, and it's got to exams and my brain has literally turned into a potato...:hide:
I've got everything crossed right now - hopefully it'll pay off haha
I'm needing to be predicted A's next year, so I'm hoping to get at least B's this year. I know maths has gone horrifically though, so I'd be happy with a C in that.
Well done you though! Hopefully you will get that A!
I'm finding it really annoying because I've done so much work all year, and it's got to exams and my brain has literally turned into a potato...:hide:
I've got everything crossed right now - hopefully it'll pay off haha

Did you do aqa cause in the c1 exam my brain was actually a potato.
Original post by LumosNox
I've not even started my exams! My first A2 is next Tuesday (9th). I'm just so fed up already and I've not even properly started, I'll sit down to revise and just fall asleep at the table! My family have found me more than once snoozing on a pile of revision cards. I'm hoping it'll be worth it, I need AAA to get into my firm choice uni for English. :s-smilie:

Haha, I'm the same! I'll have a five minute break, and wake up on the sofa like 45 minutes later :groovy: Not good...
Which uni is it? Hopefully you'll get it, what's your insurance?
I have three exams in a row this week starting from tomorrow and I'm on TSR.... :frown:

I am just fed up.
Did you do aqa cause in the c1 exam my brain was actually a potato.

AQA maths and chemistry, OCR biology and psychology.
I thought C1 went alright (by that, I mean I actually managed to answer the majority of it, rather than staring blankly for and hour and a half like in the mocks), but C2 was just not my friend, not even a little bit!:')
Haha, I'm the same! I'll have a five minute break, and wake up on the sofa like 45 minutes later :groovy: Not good...
Which uni is it? Hopefully you'll get it, what's your insurance?

Haha. :giggle: I'm hoping to be starting at Warwick this autumn. If not, Southampton is my insurance at BBB. :dontknow: We'll just have to wait and see.

What about you?
AQA maths and chemistry, OCR biology and psychology.
I thought C1 went alright (by that, I mean I actually managed to answer the majority of it, rather than staring blankly for and hour and a half like in the mocks), but C2 was just not my friend, not even a little bit!:':wink:

C2 went good for me.
Cause we did the same exam il explain.
In c1 remember the last question it was a simple k question which normally takes me 2 mins maybe 3 max. Now for some reason i thought it was already in the form b^2-4ac so i tried factorising it staright away. I got so worked up that i couldnt solve an easy question i spent 40 mins on it and forgot to go back to question 6 (the optimisation one with the cylinder) so ended up dropping 12 marks without even attempting them. Don't even know what i got on that paper.
Haha. :giggle: I'm hoping to be starting at Warwick this autumn. If not, Southampton is my insurance at BBB. :dontknow: We'll just have to wait and see.

What about you?

Ah cool, hopefully you'll do it then!
I'm as, so applying next year but I'm wanting to do medicine -.-
I'm thinking Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield and Leicester

I need AAA, and for Warwick too :biggrin:... I thought it was a good thing having exams so far away but I'm getting sick of all the revision now... :-/
C2 went good for me.
Cause we did the same exam il explain.
In c1 remember the last question it was a simple k question which normally takes me 2 mins maybe 3 max. Now for some reason i thought it was already in the form b^2-4ac so i tried factorising it staright away. I got so worked up that i couldnt solve an easy question i spent 40 mins on it and forgot to go back to question 6 (the optimisation one with the cylinder) so ended up dropping 12 marks without even attempting them. Don't even know what i got on that paper.

Ah, that cylinder question is the stuff nightmares are made of... It was literally GCSE, and I didn't have a clue! :banghead:
I'm just hoping that the grade boundaries are low!
It's not too bad if you thought that C2 went okay, what you've lost in C1 you can make up for it that one. Are you doing D1 too?
Ah cool, hopefully you'll do it then!
I'm as, so applying next year but I'm wanting to do medicine -.-
I'm thinking Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield and Leicester

Good luck with that! Medicine is challenging, I don't envy you that or the subjects you'd have to do!

Original post by chidchilli
I need AAA, and for Warwick too :biggrin:... I thought it was a good thing having exams so far away but I'm getting sick of all the revision now... :-/

I know what you mean, I'm just ready for the wait to be over, so I can move on and do something different. I've been studying for A2 since my AS finished last summer. I'm in desperate need of a change of pace and topic. What subject are you hoping to study at Warwick?
Good luck with that! Medicine is challenging, I don't envy you that or the subjects you'd have to do!

I know what you mean, I'm just ready for the wait to be over, so I can move on and do something different. I've been studying for A2 since my AS finished last summer. I'm in desperate need of a change of pace and topic. What subject are you hoping to study at Warwick?

I'm doing History, but I'm taking a year out first just to be sure that that's the degree I wanna go for. Warwick seems cool though, and I made Birmingham my insurance. Birmingham offered me an unconditional place only if I chose to firm them, so if I miss Warwick's AAA offer I will be pissed lol.

Quick Reply

Latest