The Student Room Group

Do you drink tap water?

Scroll to see replies

All you "I don't drink tap water" snobs should be air dropped into a 3rd world country.
I live up North so the tap water tastes wonderful. Straight from the Lake District.
I do drink water from the tap, I don't even filter it!!!!

I am wild.
Filtered water from the tap doesn't have a taste so yes, I do drink tap water.
Reply 44
I love tap water it tastes more pure and cleaner but with bottled water I just feel like there's a weird taste lingering on my mouth afterwards. If the bottled water isn't cold it tastes even weirder... I hate tap water in London though it looks and tastes quite vile *really trying not to sound first world here*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Filtered water from the tap doesn't have a taste so yes, I do drink tap water.

Why are you awake at this time of day

Did you wake up to pray fajr :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10 Windows :)
Why are you awake at this time of day

Did you wake up to pray fajr :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I woke up for havaan - the first of the five daily prayers in Zoroastrianism :yy:

What about you brother Q? Getting reading to pray the fajr?
Reply 47
Original post by Crystalz
Haha same here
But not Evian
Some weird brand I can't remember
Sometimes smart water though. I love smart water.

Smart water just has such a nice taste. It's also like 65p for 600ml so that's good.

I mostly drink tap water though.
I love tap water. :u:
Reply 49
Original post by FrostShot
I just really can't bear the taste of tap water, it tastes really strange to me, like it's got some chemicals that it maybe shouldn't have in it, even if the tap water is supposed to be drinkable. I always drink bottled water, and some people say I'm strange when they see me carry home the large amount of bottled water (It's good exercise though). Who else?

When in the UK i drink tap water. That 'chemical' taste is probably some of the substances put into our water to help improve our health e.g. fluoride is put into water purely to improve our health in particular dental health. It also isn't as well checked in terms of safety and contamination.
In theory bottled water is a very costly lie which modern society has somewhow convinced people in good for them. In reality it's no better for you than tap water, in fact it may be bad for you. It's also horrendous for the environment to have such an unneccessary product.
If you prefer the taste well maybe, but do you prefer the taste of any brand of bottled water over any tap water?
I hate tap water, find it disgusting because it's fluoridated in my area and just generally tastes metallic.
My family thinks im weird becauss I always spend my money on non-fluoridated bottled water.
Original post by GreenNinjaa
I drink tap water and bottled.
Bottled for travelling, and tap water at home.
Tastes normal.

i agree with you
Reply 52
Original post by em.d_4
When in the UK i drink tap water. That 'chemical' taste is probably some of the substances put into our water to help improve our health e.g. fluoride is put into water purely to improve our health in particular dental health. It also isn't as well checked in terms of safety and contamination.
In theory bottled water is a very costly lie which modern society has somewhow convinced people in good for them. In reality it's no better for you than tap water, in fact it may be bad for you. It's also horrendous for the environment to have such an unneccessary product.
If you prefer the taste well maybe, but do you prefer the taste of any brand of bottled water over any tap water?

I buy sainsbury Caledonian because it's cheap usually, but if I can't get it I usually go for Evian just because I think it's a decent brand even though it's a bit more expensive.
Fluoride is an absolute no-no. Not sure why people think it's good for you, it's pretty much a toxic chemical. That's like injecting poison into your body to kill the bacteria in there, you end up damaging yourself as well.
Reply 53
Original post by Flaccus
Do they flouridate water where you live?

No idea, since I don't drink the water anyway :tongue:
I definitely don't want to be drinking any fluoridated water
There are health risks with fluoridated water.

For that reason & the taste factor I hardly ever drink water straight out from the tap. It must must must go through my Brita first, lol.

An extra perk of using / drinking filtered water is that the kettle NEVER builds up with limescale!
Tap water is filtered so, despite the taste, really is no different to bottled water - basically making all Brita products redundant.

I'd imagine more people (including me) drink tap water at home and have bottled water for travel.
Reply 56
Original post by FrostShot
I buy sainsbury Caledonian because it's cheap usually, but if I can't get it I usually go for Evian just because I think it's a decent brand even though it's a bit more expensive.
Fluoride is an absolute no-no. Not sure why people think it's good for you, it's pretty much a toxic chemical. That's like injecting poison into your body to kill the bacteria in there, you end up damaging yourself as well.

That's just not true, i think you're thinking of chlorine.... Fluoride is an essential compound in the body.
Do you use toothpaste?
Evian does not usually contain fluoride but it occurs naturally in many soils and is therefore found in a lot of bottled water.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
I'll drink it but I don't really like the taste that much; I usually put ice or cordial in it to make it taste better.
I live of tap water. Although every time I go Birmingham it tastes different and not as good
got a reverse osmosis filter... better and safer than tap water

Quick Reply

Latest