The Student Room Group

Physics as aqa unit 2

I don't think anyone has made this thread yet but I have seen one for chemistry . Does anyone know what topic generally come up in Physics unit 2 and are worth the most marks ?
Hi, you might want to look at this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3342297

You should be comfortable with all the vector, power, moments and suvat calculations as that's usually a good chunk of the paper. If I were you, I'd make sure you can answer a six mark question on the young modulus experiment, the double slit diffraction, diffraction grating and terminal velocity.

It's also quite useful to know which ones are which when it comes to Newton's laws. There's usually a question on optics and then one on waves.

Look over the definitions for stuff like monochromatic light and coherent sources as that's a few nice easy marks.

It might be a good idea to know how a diffraction pattern varies if it is done with white light instead of monochromatic light as every so often a 4 marker will pop up on that.

In the exam itself make sure you check your significant figures and remember W=mg, and so use the right one- weight or mass, as loads of people drop marks on those!

Hope this is vaguely helpful and good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending