The Student Room Group

Touchscreen laptops

I am thing of getting a touchscreen laptop for uni. What do you think of them. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What do you intend to do with the touchscreen? There is nothing wrong with them, however, some people buy them without thinking about how long they will actually use the touch. It's mainly a gimmick for a laptop for the most part.
Reply 2
Your probably right, I don't really have a need for one just seemed cool to have a laptop and table in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gogirls
Your probably right, I don't really have a need for one just seemed cool to have a laptop and table in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Yeah. If you only want to buy it because it seems cool.. I wouldnt.. My advice.
They are terrible. Just buy a Macbook and be done!
Mines touchscreen and works just like any normal computer lmao never use the touchscreen
Original post by gogirls

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not needed, you should focus on your needs, usage and preferences and most likely touchscreen may just come with the right laptop
Reply 7
Original post by Lemon Haze

I would get a MacBook but all the software i need runs on windows but thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Iqbal007
Not needed, you should focus on your needs, usage and preferences and most likely touchscreen may just come with the right laptop

I just need a windows laptop that has a ok storage for the software and will last the 3 years at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by gogirls
I just need a windows laptop that has a ok storage for the software and will last the 3 years at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love my touchscreen:biggrin: I don't use ALL the time but I do get good use out of it!
Original post by gogirls

Posted from TSR Mobile

what kind of software usage?
any gaming?
heavy browsing,etc?
how heavy should it be?
expected batter life?
Reply 11
Original post by Iqbal007
what kind of software usage?
any gaming?
heavy browsing,etc?
how heavy should it be?
expected batter life?

This is the minimum specification that I was given 4GB RAM, 500GB Intel HD4000 Graphics.
At least 6 hours or more battery life and I don't do gaming but do use the Internet a lot
Thanks for any help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Don't bother with a touch screen, most people never use it.
Reply 13
Original post by Reue
Don't bother with a touch screen, most people never use it.

I guess it depends how well it's done? Most Surface Pro owners I know use their touchscreen really often.
Reply 14
Original post by estel
I guess it depends how well it's done? Most Surface Pro owners I know use their touchscreen really often.

Surface Pro is a tablet, not a laptop.
Reply 15
My HP one is really good! I use it a lot more than I thought I would!
Reply 16
Original post by Reue
Surface Pro is a tablet, not a laptop.

Surface Pro is a fantastic laptop.
Reply 17
Original post by estel
Surface Pro is a fantastic laptop.

If you've bought a surface pro to use as a laptop; you've been mis-sold.

The surface pro is a reasonable laptop, You can get far better laptops for the same price.
Original post by Lemon Haze

you're joking right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending