The Student Room Group

MacBook or iPad for university?

I want to study law at university, I'm wondering do need a MacBook? I already have an iPad which is extremely unhelpful because it takes ages to write notes but I'm thinking ill have to write lots of essays which ,makes having a MacBook ideal. Is a MacBook necessary or can i just use standard pen and paper notes (which i prefer)?
Original post by st4r
I want to study law at university, I'm wondering do need a MacBook? I already have an iPad which is extremely unhelpful because it takes ages to write notes but I'm thinking ill have to write lots of essays which ,makes having a MacBook ideal. Is a MacBook necessary or can i just use standard pen and paper notes (which i prefer)?

I think it all just depends on what you prefer I have both my MacBook is really useful and very effective when typing up essays really quickly and note taking. I like using my iPad for revision notes and exam question like sources etc.. however most ppl ik have both or use a keyboard case on their iPad. It all depends on your needs and if your willing to get one any laptop would be fine tbh most people do get laptops for uni tho
I have both. I write my essays on my Macbook and use my iPad to extend my screen to read research papers. If you have open book exams for Law, you will want to make sure you make digital notes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending