The Student Room Group

Do you need a laptop for alevels?

Im going to take politics econ and sociology do people use laptops in their frees and do I need one? Pls help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by reflective-these
Im going to take politics econ and sociology do people use laptops in their frees and do I need one? Pls help :smile:

people either use laptops or ipads (i see more ipads with Bluetooth keyboards than i see laptops) - but my school has laptops you can borrow during the day, and a study room with desktop computers in

I use my laptop quite a bit for sociology to get notes from websites/youtube since its a bigger screen than my phone, and i also type up my notes on my laptop. I also take english literature though so i use my laptop quite a bit - id say it depends on if you like to make digital or paper notes for if you need a laptop for sixth form or not.
Original post by reflective-these

Hi! I think most colleges/ sixth forms have computers and laptops that they loan out to students while in college. I think you can also ask to borrow laptops to take home, but it may just be for students on bursary. Its worth double checking with the student services.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending