The Student Room Group

A Level choices... HELP

I've just left year eleven. I am finding it so hard to pick what courses I want to do next year.
Here are the grades I'll probably have:
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Maths - A/B
Additional Science - A
Religious studies - A*/A
Physical Education - A/B
Sport BTEC - Distinction*
Spanish - B ( acheived )
ICT - Pass
Core Science - B ( acheived )
They are the grades I have already or probably will get in August. I have a main goal of going in to secondary teaching, I love the idea of it! But don't know what I'd like to teach. I defiantly know I want to do English becuase thats probably the subject I do best in. I have three other choices and I like : sciences, but because I have only studied additional and not triple/separate will I fail? Becuase I would not like that at all! I know no one would but I wouldn't like to take something I was going to fail. I also like maths but becuase im a A-B borderline would I fail? And for a last choice I don't know becuase I mean I don't want four real heavy content subjects. Do you have any ideas on what to take or advice/comments about certain subjects and would I fail. Please any help would be great!:smile:
Reply 1
Why would you think you would fail for double science? There is next to no different in picking either thing, the only difference is that in triple science you study a few other modules and technically that only gives you a mini head start at a level, and sorry not experienced at choosing a level subject as I'm in high school too.
I think it's just because I've heard they're really hard and i don't hear of people who done double science to do a level science and succeed
Reply 3
Original post by Jamesstanley0
I've just left year eleven. I am finding it so hard to pick what courses I want to do next year.
Here are the grades I'll probably have:
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Maths - A/B
Additional Science - A
Religious studies - A*/A
Physical Education - A/B
Sport BTEC - Distinction*
Spanish - B ( acheived )
ICT - Pass
Core Science - B ( acheived )
They are the grades I have already or probably will get in August. I have a main goal of going in to secondary teaching, I love the idea of it! But don't know what I'd like to teach. I defiantly know I want to do English becuase thats probably the subject I do best in. I have three other choices and I like : sciences, but because I have only studied additional and not triple/separate will I fail? Becuase I would not like that at all! I know no one would but I wouldn't like to take something I was going to fail. I also like maths but becuase im a A-B borderline would I fail? And for a last choice I don't know becuase I mean I don't want four real heavy content subjects. Do you have any ideas on what to take or advice/comments about certain subjects and would I fail. Please any help would be great!:smile:

You gotta make sure you're choosing A Level subjects that you enjoy. We literally have the same grades, except I have History over Religious Studies. I've chosen Chemistry, Physics, Maths and engineering, but that's because I know I'm into them. Make sure you're enjoying yourself and are studying subjects that you wont get bored of and end up regretting.
I suppose, I was thinking of doing chemistry, maths, English and a fourth becuase I like these subjects. Did you also do double science or triple?
Reply 5
I suppose, I was thinking of doing chemistry, maths, English and a fourth becuase I like these subjects. Did you also do double science or triple?

I done double science bro, but as long as you have the determination to do well and the drive to succeed, it wont be as hard as you think. Just catch up on modules that you're unfamiliar with in you own time and you'll prove those triple science kids it didn't mean jack **** :wink:
I think it's just because I've heard they're really hard and i don't hear of people who done double science to do a level science and succeed

I did double science in my secondary school and I'm currently studying Physics at A level and on track for an A/A*.

Its only hard if you make it. If your interested in the subject than the process of hard work becomes enjoyable. The only difference between double and triple science students at AS is a 2-3 weeks easier transition after that you won't be distinguish between double/triple science GCSE students.
That's what I was planning to do.:biggrin: I will be the only double science kid in the class so hm guess I'd be expected to fail
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I did double science in my secondary school and I'm currently studying Physics at A level and on track for an A/A*.

Its only hard if you make it. If your interested in the subject than the process of hard work becomes enjoyable. The only difference between double and triple science students at AS is a 2-3 weeks easier transition after that you won't be distinguish between double/triple science GCSE students.

This gives me hope!! Thank you
I did triple science at GCSE and it didn't give me an advantage over those who had done double science, it really doesn't make a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest