The Student Room Group

Offered 2 interview, not sure what to do...

So on Monday I applied for 3 jobs just to make some money; One at Sainsbury's, one at Tesco and one at JD Wetherspoons.

Thing is, I've got an interview with JD Wetherspoons tomorrow, and I've got an interview with Sainsbury's on Monday night (it's night work).

Now, preferably, I'd take the Sainsbury's job every day of the week. It's night work and 2 days a week, so I won't have to deal with customers plus they pay a lot, and no fussing around with the airside passes at Gatwick South Terminal.

JD Wetherspoons is Airside at Gatwick, and a friend works there and tells me the first few weeks are hell just to get a pass. I'm not sure if I could go to the Wetherspoons interview and if offered, I'll accept the job, then go to the Sainsbury's one, then accept that and then call Wetherspoons and reject that?
Ideally go to both interviews as you don't know which one (if any) you will be offered. You can always turn down the Wetherspoons job if you're offered the one at Sainsbury's.

If the timing is awkward you can say you'll give your decision in a day because you're also offered elsewhere. Keep em keen. That should give you time to chase the other vacancy.
I dont think you have to decide on the day of your interview. they normally give you a call after the interview and tell you if youve been successful. so you have some time to reply. you can wait for both offers and then give your decision to each company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending