The Student Room Group

Official: Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the Brighton and Sussex (BSMS) A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/index.aspx
For entry requirements click:
https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate...uirements.aspx

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am looking at whether to choose Brighton and sussex as a uni option. How competitive is their scoring process for interview? And how competitive is the interview stage? Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by VilasL06
Hi, I am looking at whether to choose Brighton and sussex as a uni option. How competitive is their scoring process for interview? And how competitive is the interview stage? Thanks

The score you need depends largely on whether you are a UK non-contextual, UK contextual, or an international applicant. Which one are you?
Reply 3
Original post by rw14_

The score you need depends largely on whether you are a UK non-contextual, UK contextual, or an international applicant. Which one are you?

Hi
Reply 4
Original post by rw14_

I’m uk contextual what bmat am I looking to get ??
Reply 5
Original post by Dhdjdb
I’m uk contextual what bmat am I looking to get ??

BSMS scores your BMAT out of 37. A UK contextual student would of needed a 19.5/37 to get an interview for 2023 entry.

(Section 1 score) + (section 2 score times 2) + (section 3 content score) + (section 3 grammar score: A=5, B=4, C=3)= ??/37
any1 wanna predict the cut offs for this year for bothcontextual and non contextual applicants

im ngl it was the hardest paper ive ever seen i did a past paper the night b4 and i got a 6.0, im positive i didnt get above 4 for this section 1 paper.
Reply 7
Original post by rw14_

BSMS scores your BMAT out of 37. A UK contextual student would of needed a 19.5/37 to get an interview for 2023 entry.

(Section 1 score) + (section 2 score times 2) + (section 3 content score) + (section 3 grammar score: A=5, B=4, C=3)= ??/37

I swear this is high
Did they reject people who didn’t meet their cut off immediately last year after BMAT results came out
Reply 9
Original post by jengablocks79
Did they reject people who didn’t meet their cut off immediately last year after BMAT results came out

I applied to BSMS last year.

I originally got rejected as my BMAT was below the cut off, but then I was invited to an interview after providing proof that I was a contextual student (I had a valid excuse as to why the evidence was submitted late).

I initially got rejected mid-December ish if I remember correctly? Definitely quite a weeks after the BMAT results were released.
Reply 10
Hi I’m also contextual do u mind saying what ur got for ur bmat bc I’m rlly worried
Reply 11
Original post by rw14_

I applied to BSMS last year.

I originally got rejected as my BMAT was below the cut off, but then I was invited to an interview after providing proof that I was a contextual student (I had a valid excuse as to why the evidence was submitted late).

I initially got rejected mid-December ish if I remember correctly? Definitely quite a weeks after the BMAT results were released.

Thanks
Reply 12
Anyone heard from Brighton?
Reply 13
Guys
Reply 14
Is it true bmat results come out at midnight ??
Reply 15
Original post by Dhdjdb
Is it true bmat results come out at midnight ??

No its at 9:00 GMT, I heard
What is the minimum score in Section 2 BMAT for 2024 at BSMS
Original post by Vivekanandan
What is the minimum score in Section 2 BMAT for 2024 at BSMS

6/9 for non contextual. Its on their website. Their stats for considering for interview don't change as the test is completely subjective
I see the score is calculated by doubling up
Reply 19
I got 5.2 for section A
4.6 section B
3.5A for essay
Contextual student- do I stand a chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending